ebay won item

spliffy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I won a htc desire on ebay for £236 which is cheap bucause others have been going for about £250 £270 so i placed my bid and left it. I won the item when i checked an hour later it had only ended by 20mins. I check my email i had an email from the seller stating that there was no sign of payment right ok i thought calm down so i started to pay via pay pal this is about 7 oclock but i could not something was messing up which i sorted out, but then i had sort my daughter out for bed and started doing other things so about 4hours after auction ended i go on to pay and the seller has taken the item off i check and i have got this from seller do you still want this as no sign of any payment yet please respond as dont want to give bad feed back thanks. I thought **** sake atleast give me enough time to pay atleast 24 hours im sure the seller was gutted because i got item for a lower price.

im pretty sure ebay say you have 72 hours from the end of the auction to 'arrange' sending payment

seller sounds like a right nob

he maybe is, i am not sticking up for the guy but there is a lot of scammers with winning bids on phones

expensive electrical items are rapidly becoming horror stories on ebay

if he is not happy completing the transaction & becoming aggressive then report him to ebay and say you want out of the deal

if i was you i tell him to get lost

you have 7 days to pay before ebay require action unless it is a buy it now listing with immediate payment

sounds a bit iffy to me

Also I dont think sellers can leave bad feedback anymore.

Frenchman

Thats right. I sold a PS3 YLOD to a bidder on fleabay and had to leave positive feed back to warn other people that he is a scammer who doesn't pay.
Aww_Nightmare14 is the culprit by the way so cancel any of his bids.

Cheers,
JohnO

A buyer on ebay has up to 4 days to pay for an item after this time the seller can open an unpaid item dispute which the buyer then has a further 4 days to pay. If you still haven't paid for the item after this ebay issue an unpaid item strike against you & the seller can re-list the item.

Sellers are only allowed to leave positive feedback, buyers can leave positive, neutral & negative feedback.

If you still want the phone tell the seller you have up to 4 days to pay & try & get it paid for within the 4 days. Then they have to send the phone, they can't open an unpaid item dispute, & then when you have the phone you leave negative feedback just for the fact they were pushy :evil23:

just beware he doesn't decide to report it stolen afterwards and block the IMEI...

sellers can also reply to any feedback left against him

i noticed a lot of auctions with,

PAYMENT MUST BE MAID WITHIN ONE HOUR, OR I WILL RELIST AND LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, at the bottom.

so i just gave them a miss.
i normaly pay for anything instantly, but if they finish late at night then i pay next day. i cant be bothered with people like that. you know if there is any problems then its going to be blamed on you.

Did I read somewhere that sellers can't just make up terms and conditions of their own or am I imagining it?

they can put what they want in the auction listings - but it doesn't mean nowt.

same as 'no returns accepted' - doesn't mean nothing.

You're right sellers can't just make up their own terms. They can't report you for not paying after a day, they can't leave negative feedback. Another one that you see on a regular basis is that the item is advertised elsewhere which is also against ebays terms & conditions.

Rules for buyers can be found here Knowing the Rules for Buyers & for sellers here Knowing the Rules for Sellers anything differing from those rules can be reported to ebay for breech of their rules.

i noticed a lot of auctions with,

PAYMENT MUST BE MAID WITHIN ONE HOUR, OR I WILL RELIST AND LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK, at the bottom.

so i just gave them a miss.
i normaly pay for anything instantly, but if they finish late at night then i pay next day. i cant be bothered with people like that. you know if there is any problems then its going to be blamed on you.

they can only do this with 'BUY IT NOW' auctions and they select it as 'payment required instantly with paypal' - normal auctions don't apply.

if they want to relist it, ebay won't let them and they'll lose the final vaulation feed as YOU THE BUY have to agree to pull out and HE can't negative you BUT you can negative HIM as the buyer. he's bluffing.

4 days till dispute then another 4 days of waiting so in essence 7 days as my previous post

if the seller is being arsey and already a cause for concern i just notify ebay that i feel uncomfortable dealing with such a rude & aggressive individual demanding & threatening immediate payment

It used to be 7 days until dispute then 7 days in unpaid item dispute they changed it recently.

if the seller is being arsey and already a cause for concern i just notify ebay that i feel uncomfortable dealing with such a rude & aggressive individual demanding & threatening immediate payment[/QUOTE said:
Maybe thats what the seller wants though mate cos he wants more cash for it.

yeh but ebay is an auction

not a guaranteed amount of money

the only certainty is the 12-14% charge for ebay / paypal fees also

To be honest it sounds like the seller is just as concerned about being scammed which would actually reassure me.

The fact he is asking you to contact him etc makes him sound genuine I think.

I would pay and wait for the item, just by completing the auction means you are fully protected anyway, more than he is.

Sounds A-OK to me.

:)

He sounds tooooo desperate and impatient for the payment if you ask me how old is he 16 lol

I would just get one of virgin media on contract there only £15 a month for 18 month with 100 mins per month ? just put a pay as so sim in it, and put the contract chip in a old phone and watch you dont go over the hundred mins.

Atleast then you have a brand new phone under warrenty :proud:

Back