ebay.... where do i stand

BIG-HOL

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
right guys, bought a adidas hoodie last week off ebay £39.99 with £3.99 delivery, £43.98 altogether, arrived fine but too big, contacted seller to return for refund, no problem, sent it back via recorded delivery, seller messaged me to say he'd received hoodie back and that id get a refund in the next few days, just checked my paypal and hes refunded me, but only £31.99, with a little message that says this.

Hi..refund issued...the 20% reduction is the re-stocking fee as detailed in the shop. Thank you. Best regards Nasir

i returned the item within the 7 days, so am i entitled to a full refund with the distant sellers regulations, or has he got me by the dogs danglies here, iv just sent him a message basically saying hes taking the piss, but technically is there anything i can do!

thanks mate iv just sent him the quotes from that pdf about returns, and told him i wont let it lie so see what he says if he replies, lol!

so what do i do if he just doesnt reply to me, how do i go about getting the rest, as iv been on ebay for a few years now but never encountered someone like this blatently trying to rip me off, thanks for the info so far guys!

Put in a claim in with PayPal, if he refuses to refund full amount. And any seller worth there salt, should pay for the return postage as well. I'm not sure they have any obligation to tho. Most of the time I've had hassle, I've just opened a case with PayPal and most sellers ,as a rule sort out things pretty quick.

Good luck.

sent from my Vegacomb 3.2

thanks mate i'll leave it for a couple of days then see if he replies, not even bothered about the 11.99 hes trying to bump me out of, its more the fact hes blatently trying to do it thats narked me!

Put in a claim in with PayPal, if he refuses to refund full amount. And any seller worth there salt, should pay for the return postage as well. I'm not sure they have any obligation to tho. Most of the time I've had hassle, I've just opened a case with PayPal and most sellers ,as a rule sort out things pretty quick.

Good luck.

how do i put a claim in with paypal, its all confusing as fook, they never make these things easy or visable, the seller is reputable i guess, as hes got 697 feedback at 100%, but do other people just assume hes right to take the 20% restocking fee!

No, I don't think he's right to charge you 20% ,log into PayPal and open a dispute with buyer and explain your grievances with said buyer, then let him reply if he does not ,escalate dispute and let PayPal sort it for you, witch could take a few day's.

Have you emailed him to explain that you are not happy with this situation?

yes mate iv sent him a couple of messages explaining im not happy with the 20% charge and that hes taking the piss, then i sent another stating the distant seller regulations and that it would just be easier to refund me the rest of my money as i wouldnt give up till iv received full refund, lol, ill give him to monday to reply to see if he does or not, then ill try and figure out how to open a dispute with paypal, thanks for the help matey!

Ill take a Toby on PayPal for ya Monday to remind myself of how to open a dispute.I have not opened one for a long while ,memory's not what it used be:) I'm sure it's how I stated in last post tho.

Ill take a Toby on PayPal for ya Monday to remind myself of how to open a dispute.I have not opened one for a long while ,memory's not what it used be:) I'm sure it's how I stated in last post tho.

yeah iv had to open a few myself over the years, but when it comes to doing it again i can never remember, lol, well hes got till monday night to reply then ill go ahead and try and open a dispute, once again thanks for help, i'll get back to the thread when something changes!

Have you read the statistics of how much branded clothing on fleaBay is spoof?

Have you read the statistics of how much branded clothing on fleaBay is spoof?
probably quite alot of it mate, dont normally buy clothes off there just seen a nice hoodie and put it in watching, and my bird bought it for me, so far no reply from him anyway!

probably quite alot of it mate, dont normally buy clothes off there just seen a nice hoodie and put it in watching, and my bird bought it for me, so far no reply from him anyway!

Take care, it's meant to be rife with fake stuff.

Back