Where do i stand?

seanwinf

Inactive User
Reaction score
I took a phone contract out for my wife and the phone was activated the 6th aug. She had it 2 weeks (samsung s4) and it had a red dot on the screen so phoned dialaphone said they would swop it because its under 28 days. She sent her phone off on monday and they said she will have hers by thursday didnt come and now they have said its been cancelled and will be sent out for delivery on monday now. Can we say to dial a phone ram it and cancel the whole contract? Mrs hasnt got a phone now at all for over a week?

what's been cancelled ?

why do you want to cancel the contract ?

Sorry mate but why did you send your phone away apart from the obvious????. When my daughters phone broke a courier came to my front door with a new phone and then took the old broken phone away. Have you posted your phone to dialaturd??. Very dodgy stuff imaho. :(

Yeh dialaphone sent out a prepaid envelope to send ours back. They said get proof of posting email that over and we will release the new handset. They have cancelled the dispatch of the new handset and will be sent out on monday so receive on tuesday/wednesday. I want to cancel the whole lot and go elsewhere

Also sent it back because its faulty because of the dead pixel red top on the screen

Think you have 30 days from the day you took out the contract to end it, after the 30 days your looked in to there t&c for whatever the contract duration, the phone will be under warranty for a year if its a fault you will get it fixed you will have to be without phone for repair time tho

Sent from my Xolo_X900 using Tapatalk 2

We have spoke to dpd courier and they have got the phone now so hopefully will have it today now. Dialaphone dont know what there doing!!

Yeh dialaphone sent out a prepaid envelope to send ours back. They said get proof of posting email that over and we will release the new handset. They have cancelled the dispatch of the new handset and will be sent out on monday so receive on tuesday/wednesday. I want to cancel the whole lot and go elsewhere

It is for this reason sean why they have got you by the bollox. Now that your phone has been posted they are dictating to you what they intend to do, which in my opinion is wrong. It is you that is the customer keeping these people in work. Phone them up and tell them your wife has been without a phone for x amount of days and that you require compensation for the inconvenience. sean tell them you intend to cancel your contract if a phone is not on your doorstep by the Morning and you do not want your phone repairing you want a new one. You are well within your rights to cancel if the 30 day notice has not run out.

Its 28 working days so inside that still. The phone has been replaced not repaired or recon they have said anyway. If its not here before 3 like they have said i will be on to cancel.

Its 28 working days so inside that still. The phone has been replaced not repaired or recon they have said anyway. If its not here before 3 like they have said i will be on to cancel.

Don't take no s**t sean stick to your guns, you are well within your rights. Keep us informed. :)

Will do thanks. Love how you say sean in your posts like we have been mates for years lol. Its all good tho

there are different rules on returns depending on if you got it in the shop or online so it makes a difference. Regardless you should be able to get the days you was without a phone refunded as credit to your account, but you should of insisted on a swap on pick up, very strange this wasnt offered, i thought it was almost standard practice for electronics under a few weeks old ect.

Its dialaphone so all online. The mrs sorted it or i would of asked for a swap on the day. All sorted now anyway

Back