Routers Dyndns in router

Mark_The_Yid

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have just changed isp and so now have new router. I have configured it for my dyndns account and clients are connecting in onto my server fine. However, If I try to connect from within the local network using the dyndns address it does not connect. It will if I just connect locally using ip address though. Is there something I have missed or is it something up with the router?

it wont connect with the dyndns address as the firewall in router will block it . you are going out of the router and trying to get back in
the firewall wont like that so local ip is the way to go as you said

I did think that but disabled it so cant be that

it is that mate even if you have disabled the firewall its the router blocking the traffic

is there no way round it then m8? It would just be handy to have it configured the other way as I have done on past routers

it is mate the only change is instead off myhome.dns:port you use 192.168.1.10:port
from any other internet connection but your own you use the dnydns

OK fair enough cheers m8. On a side note is it normal to get a much slower speed from wireless than wired? Im getting 74mb on wired but 40-50 on wireless

I find transfer rate on wifi a little slower but never measured as most stuff I have hard wired
someone else might be able to explain exactly why your router is doing this but if I remember its called loopback

OK fair enough cheers m8. On a side note is it normal to get a much slower speed from wireless than wired? Im getting 74mb on wired but 40-50 on wireless

Have a look here for your router, the througput will probably be listed.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Right so long story short I've come to the conclusion that the router supplied is utter shite. Having spoke to their tech support dept they say they only offer support on connection to the internet. ANYTHING else is not supported. The fact I cannot ping from one address on my local network to another intermittently is apparently not supported. As long as my devices have basic internet connectivity thats the end of it. Bunch of :SSEXY:

So in an attempt to not have to envoke my cooling off period and tell them to poke it. Is there any way I can just use it as a modem and connect it to a proper router that actually works and port forward on that one?

If its talktalk yiu wont be able to with the supplied routet. Will need to get yourself a netgear or similar that allows IIRC NATS

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back