DW ppanel chat

Re: digidudes all new DW customiser Ppanel

anyone got an idea if theres a problem wuth epg importer again? im running latest dw mod image,

I got epg importer working in the end by unplugging usb hdd, then re imported epg with hdd pluged in again and it worked, so maybe if you have any storage device pluged try unplugging it,

"Download EPG" via PPanels which downloads

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads-technomate-satellite-downloads-38.html

file does not contains the epgimport folder (/etc/epgimport) hence no sources.

Means when you install Base UR image and using PPanels install "Download EPG" you will get EPGImport but when you go to sources, it will be empty.
Util it is resolved in that file, copy these two files in the epgimport folder (create if not exists)

Last edited by a moderator:

ive moved these posts to here, as the ppanel thread was 5 pages long, but only 4 or 5 posts for the actual ppanel itself, so ill keep the ppanel thread updated with just updates etc, and use this thread for ppanel chat, bug reporting and feature requests

coming in next update

Backup CCCam settings to USB
Restore CCcam settings

Simple package installer (download a plugin etc to usb and install using the remote)

Hopefully will all be ready for download in the next few days

any other requests suggestions?

at some point in the future (not too sure how long though) ill be adding downloadable language packs and activating the 'auto update' feature of rats channel lists

Last edited:
I have yet to do a software update yet so I not fully up to speed with the process, does it mean that you have to re-input latitude & longitude settings?

If so is this something that could be a plugin like the ccam backup or are the settings written deep within some file containing lots of other info

Maybe I'm just being lazy

I have yet to do a software update yet so I not fully up to speed with the process, does it mean that you have to re-input latitude & longitude settings?

If so is this something that could be a plugin like the ccam backup or are the settings written deep within some file containing lots of other info

Maybe I'm just being lazy

dont know the technical answer to your question mate, but really how long doe'ss it take to put your L & L back in??

and if you ever forget it, you can just do a L & L search by postcode

it could be done, but with how 'stable' the UR image is, i wouldnt be too confident on it restoring properly after flashing a new image

the majority of what youd backup would be initially setup during the wizard when you first power up after flashing

I'd like to request we use the front usb port for backing up files etc or even given the choice of which one to use. Saves the fuffing about with moving the box.

Secondy, is there a tool to cut and paste files. I'm thinking of getting a 16 gig drive for the rear for recording purposes. I'd like to be able to cut the file and place it on the internal sata using the remote.

As theres so many channels and providors, i wouldnt have time to keep a multi sat list up to date, but, if you know of a list that gets updated regulary (such as vhannibals) i can add it to either the blue button server, or to the ppanel depending on the file format (.ipk or .tar.gz etc)

Just updated and saw the "TRANSFORMER" ;) good move

ive setup the latest vhannibal settings and the latest cajton settings to be downloadable straight to the receiver, the files are now live here

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/downloads-technomate-satellite-downloads-38.html

and im about to write some code into the ppanel to download and install them.

the ppanel will be updated soon, ill post in the main ppanel sticky once its ready for download

Last edited by a moderator:
Some ideas....

"Change blue button server detail" should be removed from the "download plugins" menu (button 5) and made to sit in the previous menu.i.e as soon as someone starts Digidudes panel, the option to change server is visible.

Shani's HD skin fix to be added into the temp fix section. (I appreciate it's in the transformer at the moment, but good to keep it just in case someone does not want to do a whole transformation.)

Backup config files to include oscam files. Is it possible to have it look for all EMU config files and back them up? If someone has oscam, then it'll back his one, if someone doesn't it won't. Restoration will obviously restore whatever was backed up.

I suppose some bright spark is going to suggest we have a backup option for tuner settings etc so that we can backup all that is relevant to us and restore after flashing an image. (Makes sense if it can work.)

Last edited:
Some ideas....

"Change blue button server detail" should be removed from the "download plugins" menu (button 5) and made to sit in the previous menu.i.e as soon as someone starts Digidudes panel, the option to change server is visible.

Shani's HD skin fix to be added into the temp fix section. (I appreciate it's in the transformer at the moment, but good to keep it just in case someone does not want to do a whole transformation.)

Backup config files to include oscam files. Is it possible to have it look for all EMU config files and back them up? If someone has oscam, then it'll back his one, if someone doesn't it won't. Restoration will obviously restore whatever was backed up.

I suppose some bright spark is going to suggest we have a backup option for tuner settings etc so that we can backup all that is relevant to us and restore after flashing an image. (Makes sense if it can work.)

Ill sort all this out over the weekend m8, have a wedding in east wales to go to today, so will probably make a start tonight if the missus dont come down.

Ill move the 'change server' to its own option on the main screen (option 9?). The skin fix purposely wasnt put into the plugin, as in the source it WAS fixed, but in the latest images its been removed by UR, so this will also be coded in

ill also create a backup and restore oscam script and put that into the emulator section.

I did create a script that 'should' have backed up 'user settings' but for some reason it failed to work as it was expected to, i dont know if this was down to my coding of the script (but it ran fine on a DM800) or down to the way the UR image works, i suspect it was the second one, so will re look at this option in a few weeks once the orange counter below has reached zero (hopefully ;))

is the Ppanel version the same ? v0.5.3 says updated but v number still the same

or is it the plugin thats updated ?

another update to take on board a few requests, as well as prepare for some future updates as well.

This one has the 'change blue panel server' now on the main screen, and in the softcam and emulator section, it will now also backup and restore Oscam config files

a new 'Option 0' for 'system commands' has also been added, but ill be writing LOADS of scripts to deal with this, so may be a future big update to deal with it

as usual, update via the plugin / ppanel itself, or from post #1 of this thread. Any suggestions can also be posted via the link on post #1 of this thread as well

:)

enjoy

Back