Dw 2010 fifa world cup

cg010169

DW Regular
Reaction score
With the World Cup round the corner, thought what better way that look forward to it, than have an little comp ourselfs and have bragging rights on who is best at fifa.
Can people beat Robc11 who won the Euro 2008 comp.

Rules
You will be given a Random world cup team from the current World Cup 2010 groups. But Home nations, scotland, wales, NL will be included if people want, but it's pure luck if you get them.
You'll be put into groups and play each team twice. Top 2 teams will quaility to the next round.
It's a pure knock out comp then, till we have a winner.

Also you need a PS3 and FIFA 10 to play

Looking to get it started within the next 2 weeks

Just testing the water as all depends on the numbers who are interested. If your interested just leave a post.

Last edited:
Count the current European champion in lol:banana: Is anybody else getting the world cup game out 2morra, if it's the rumoured £25 it's meant to be then i will be.

I've heard there isn't that many differences between FIFA 10 and it really, other than some graphics and meant to be a bit faster. I might rent it as i have some blockbuster vouchers i wanna get rid of, but not sure if im buying it yet. As after the world cup, don't think i'd be playing it as much. Plus can see it being in the bargain bin come August

Count me in :)

I've started playing FIFA10 online again. I'd gave it a swerve for a while, got fed up with abusive messages and folk going in the cream puff when getting beat and cutting connections.

Touch wood, but over the past week or two it's been very enjoyable again :) a bit frustrating last night though, I was 4-0 up against a Ronaldo fanboy (Real Madrid) when the EA servers went down :( I hope my immaculate DNF% is still in tact!

PS: Have you noticed that not a lot of people choose Man Who in FIFA10?

im in for some of this mate so keep us posted what the crack is!!!!!!

i will have some of this too, i like fifa 10 when my kids are in bed, so give me a shout when ready please

I've heard there isn't that many differences between FIFA 10 and it really

Granted I've only played the demo but there's some a few differences that add up to make a big difference.....the flow of the game feels less stilted, passing feels crisper, the shooting seems a lot better....and I don't remember doing it in game but I read that long balls to striker he can chest it down and keep moving forward all in 1 movement thus keeping momentum of the attack, that and crossing (and headers) don't seem to be a complete waste of time....but for me the best part about the new game (hope this makes it into Fifa 11) is the immersion factor - like real life whenever a player approaches the penalty area the crowd kicks in with a big roar "go onnnnn" and the crowd noise and commentary sounds fantastic and loud too. Atmosphere is awesome in that game makes Fifa 10 sound like Pro Evo....it's that good.

i'm in

robc11 only beat my by an og the last time i played him :(

Cheers
MFCGAVMFC

Didnt realise there was a fair few of us here on dw who still play fifa. i think i setp a be a pro team before but no one was ever online to play. I have created another called DigitalWorldz Utd and have invited everybody i have on my friends list. If i ant got ya then just request to sign for the club and ill accept ya. Also think we should arrange a regular date/time to play :) Sorry for hijacking your thread slightly cg010169 too

Last edited:
Didnt realise there was a fair few of us here on dw who still play fifa. i think i setp a be a pro team before but no one was ever online to play. I have created another called DigitalWorldz Utd and have invited everybody i have on my friends list. If i ant got ya then just request to sign for the club and ill accept ya. Also thinbk we should arrange a regular date/time to play :) Sorry for hijacking your thread slightly cg010169 too

I've just got back into online play Rob, I did meet you a couple of times in the head to head team play!

I sure hope you've improved since then :nerner:.......lol (Joke ;))

Anyway, I will join DW Utd when I'm back on! I'm not sure I'll get on over the weekend though? Drinking alcoholic beverages is my main priority :)

my psn is drillerkillerno1, always playing it!!!!!!

thanks for all the interest shown, we have 11 members so far which is fab. Still time for anyone else to join, if their interested. Come on lets get 5 more people then we can have four groups

just an update

Anyone who is interested can join upto sunday, As I want to get the groups and teams sorted out for Monday.

Before I commit, i need to know if we will have set times to play, this will be impossible for me as I work shifts.
Thanks

Before I commit, i need to know if we will have set times to play, this will be impossible for me as I work shifts.
Thanks

there won't be a set time to play your group games. What happens is once you know your team and the people your playing, You send them a PM and sort out a time that suits you both to play your games. The group games would have to be completed within 5-7 days tho, which im sure can be done.
Then the same process is repeated in the knock out rounds, till we have a winner

just out of curiosity how you gunna choose who gets what team??

Back