Women's World Cup: BBC and ITV agree deal with Fifa to broadcast tournament in UK

Oggiman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The BBC and ITV have agreed a deal with Fifa to broadcast the Women's World Cup in the UK, five weeks before the tournament begins on 20 July.

Fifa president Gianni Infantino had threatened a Europen TV blackout if rights offers were not improved.
But the deal with football's governing body will allow domestic viewers to watch matches when the tournament begins in Australia and New Zealand.

European champions England first play in Brisbane on 22 July against Haiti.

All 64 matches from the tournament will be broadcast in the UK on either the BBC or ITV, except for the final on 20 August, which will be shown across both BBC One and ITV1.

Read HERE

All this euphoria over "The Lionesses" a while back. Let's face it, compared to men the women are absolutely crap. Compared to 15 year old boys the national teams are crap.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I enjoyed it. And I don't know what men vs women has to do with it @chookey. Unless were talking the trans argument.

I'll be watching the world cup. :)

I enjoyed it. And I don't know what men vs women has to do with it @chookey. Unless were talking the trans argument.

I'm talking about their demands for equal pay mate. The US team are the worst for it.
They don't seem to realise that they are being paid extremely well considering their lack of talent. If they made football open to both men and women then most of these female national team players would be lucky to progress out of a non league team.

I too watched and enjoyed it ;)
take no notice of the haters :rolleyes:
you are beautiful just as you are 🤣

Back