iPhone Dropped iphone 5 - oops! What do I need to fix it?

shabbaranks

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm yet to see the phone as its a friends daughters but I've been tasked with the repair job. After a little reading I understand its made up of 2 parts - the digitiser and the glass screen, is this correct?

Has anyone had to fix one of these before and if so, where's the best\cheapest place to get the replacement parts? Also is there any way of knowing if its just the screen, the digitiser or both? Appreciate the screen would be an obvious one but Im guessing the digitiser is underneath?

Any tips would be appreciated - thanks!!!

if its like the 4s then the screen and the digitiser come as a complete bonded unit and its a fair old strip down to get to it

if its like the 4s then the screen and the digitiser come as a complete bonded unit and its a fair old strip down to get to it

Thanks, am I right in thinking its around the £50-£60 mark?

Heres a guide for you mate, i used this site for doing other iphones and its normally quite good

Thanks mate, based on your experience and the pics Ive attached would you say I need both the digitiser and lcd?

ea2f.jpg

ql41.jpg

hi, ive never done a iphone 5 mate, only other models, ive always gone for the full lot which on other models has made it alot easier, maybe the same on the iphone 5, screen on older models was always stuck down and a hair dryer or something was needed to heat them up and pull the screen off, far easier to get full thing imo, but im no expert to be honest mate, ive just done a few for friends and family, maybe some one who done the iphone 5 can help more,

your def need both as it is near impossible to remove a digitizer from an iphone 4,4s 5 screen.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Don't suppose you know the going rate for the full sha'bang - digitizer, screen etc?

Cheers

hi, ive never done a iphone 5 mate, only other models, ive always gone for the full lot which on other models has made it alot easier, maybe the same on the iphone 5, screen on older models was always stuck down and a hair dryer or something was needed to heat them up and pull the screen off, far easier to get full thing imo, but im no expert to be honest mate, ive just done a few for friends and family, maybe some one who done the iphone 5 can help more,

Hi,

Did you have to get all three parts for the iphone 4 (lcd, digitiser and screen)? As Im a little confused what exactly is required for the replacement. Does the order go glass outer -> digitiser -> lcd?

Just want to make sure I order the right parts :)

This place has a large list of spares for iPhone 5. They only supply LCD and digitizer together. £65 for black or £72 for white,

Spare Parts :: iPhone 5 :: Gultek Limited

There are few on ebay around the same price, some shipping from abroad, some with tools.

Don't suppose you know the going rate for the full sha'bang - digitizer, screen etc?

Cheers

hi shabba

i seen one on bay for 80.00 makesure you buy the full screen with digitizer already attached.if your not sure send seller a question mate.
Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Just revisiting an old thread - don't suppose anyone knows the best place and best price for the iphone 5 digitizer/screen etc in white? Thanks!

Theres one on bay shabba for 30.00 mate if your worried about fixing it.ill do it i have not done the 5 yet but plenty of 4s and 4 .

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I've fixed many a dropped techo device over the years iphone 5's are a tough yob, I've tried to repair many a unit at my work with my engineer mate - its so east to trip one or other component, about 1 in 3 go back together and work 100%
Your digitizer and screen will almost certainly be fine but something be it the home button / speaker / tripped waterdamage sensor etc might be goosed - I'd pay someone very experienced to do it mate - they sell for well over £200 notes for used units on ebay so 50 or 80 notes is a good value repair IMO.

Thats some money AJT ;)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi paid a lot of money for the thing in the first place but that was cheaper than what the genius store wanted.
but it is as new plus a guarantee said i could replace it for him as i have done a few like the S3 S4 etc but i could not guarantee i would cock it up as there is always that chance.

Back