DM800HD se - what do i do now?!

Arush

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Digitalworldz!
My dad recently bough an DM800HD se running Enigma II. He has also bought 1 months worth of CCcam. Problem is it doesnt work. And now its up to me to fix it. Im about as much of a noob as you can be at this stuff. Ive been reading guides and tutorials on every page possible but i am not getting any smarter.
So i come here very humbled, asking for help.

What my dad has managed to do so far is to connect the dreambox to our WIFI and set up a few channels that are free.

Any links or help for understanding what all this terminology (clones, c lines, emu etc) or how to set up this dreambox would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Arush

What is the image? Where/how can i check this?
I have not installed anything too it. I saw a guide somewhere that told me to transfer the Cccam.cfg to /etc using DCC, which i did, but no change.

When you box boots up are there any clues to what image you have installed ?

A boot screen with the image name on ?

@bobby123 what are clones?
@Ferret WHenever i boot up my dreambox its just an image of the dreambox on it.

First thing you need to know is if you have a clone and if so what type.

Do you have a gold sticker underneath saying sim2.1 also look at the small screen when you boot it may tell you on there.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no golden sticker underneath. Just a white one with a serial# and the MAC adress. You can see how my startup screen looks here imgur: the simple image sharer

Should be another image popup after that one.

Your going to have to take the lid off take a look at the sim and describe it ! Until we know what sims in your box we can not advice you any further.

Should be another image popup after that one.

Your going to have to take the lid off take a look at the sim and describe it ! Until we know what sims in your box we can not advice you any further.

There is no secondary image. Just the one i linked to.
Regarding the SIM it looks like the ones for phones (pre-smartphone era). The sim has a golden sticker on it with 4 chineze characters on it.

EDIT: Bought from china if thats of any help?

Last edited by a moderator:
Image=Operating system/software.

e.g
Pli 2.1, Pli 3.0, Pli 4.0, OpenATV 3.0, Dreamelite enigma, Blackhole etc.

You can find out by pressing
Menu > Information > About

As you have an A8P sim, you should use images that have the genuine bootloader on it. Even though you have a clone receiver.

If you use an image with a Sim 2 bootloader built in, you must flash the genuine bootloader prior to rebooting.

Image=Operating system/software.

e.g
Pli 2.1, Pli 3.0, Pli 4.0, OpenATV 3.0, Dreamelite enigma, Blackhole etc.

You can find out by pressing
Menu > Information > About

As you have an A8P sim, you should use images that have the genuine bootloader on it. Even though you have a clone receiver.

If you use an image with a Sim 2 bootloader built in, you must flash the genuine bootloader prior to rebooting.

So i checked. I have Enigma2 (2012-11-03) release (3.2.4)

What image do you recommend fo the DM800HD se? Focus should be on stability/speed as no one in my family is that tech savy, i just want to get this fixed and then have my parents watch their shows in peace :p

So i checked. I have Enigma2 (2012-11-03) release (3.2.4)

What image do you recommend fo the DM800HD se? Focus should be on stability/speed as no one in my family is that tech savy, i just want to get this fixed and then have my parents watch their shows in peace :p

Link to Openpli 4 for use with your A8P sim

DOWNLOAD

Flash like this

Flashing a new firmware by Browser

What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server.
If you don't have one, you have to setup an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.
Standby is not enough!

front_pfeil.jpg

- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
- (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
- (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
work, set an IP using the serial terminal

WebInterface.jpg

- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

WebInterface2.jpg

- On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

Link to Openpli 4 for use with your A8P sim

DOWNLOAD

Flash like this

Flashing a new firmware by Browser

What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server.
If you don't have one, you have to setup an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.
Standby is not enough!

front_pfeil.jpg

- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
- (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
- (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
work, set an IP using the serial terminal

WebInterface.jpg

- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

WebInterface2.jpg

- On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

Thank you very much. What is the step after flashing the new Image?

Back