Mobile Phones Samsung s3 screen repair help

roachieuk

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

my sister has gone and dropped her phone and damaged the screen on her s3 does anyone know the cheapest place to get this repair as ive been looking everywhere and its quiet a bit tbh.Is there anyone on here who repairs phones or is there a simple method of doing this?As im quiet good when it comes to repairing things but never ever dealt with doing a screen before.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

£50 is the going rate in the shops round here
the screen is glued to the lcd underneath and is a pain to get off without damaging the lcd but it can be done
plenty of vids on youtube just search "samsung galaxy s3 screen replacement" you have to be careful near the bottom so as not to cut the ribbon on either side of the button and also crack/damage the lcd near the bottom as that is a weak spot.

Last edited:
i have done 4-5 s2s but never done an s3 yet.what i can say is def dont use a heat gun stick with a hair dryer.if worst came to worst you can always buy the screen with digitizer attached.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Having ago at a similar thing to day. Ipone. 4. One of the kids dropped it order a new screen with digitizer attachment
Plus all the tools. Works out £ 20. On eBay. Lots of vids on utube. Any one had success with this phone ?

Iphone isnt too bad main thing I would be carefull is when you are removing the battery connector. When yiu are replacing screen makesure the two ribbons are pulled through the board.

Iphone isnt too bad main thing I would be carefull is when you are removing the battery connector. When yiu are replacing screen makesure the two ribbons are pulled through the board.

Finished it to night took me about five hours in-all but once you turn it on and a Crystal clear screen appears you forget how many times you F & Blinded. The minute screws !!!!! Sense of achievement is great not to mention a saving of a good few bob And you right nistlboy. Got half way putting it back together realise I hadn't pulled one of the ribbons through enough haha. More F Ing

mine broke today also
any place a goood one to buy screen ill have a go myself fitting it youtube....

Back