dreambox school :)

theres no password yet m8 just hang fire till we get it sorted :) :)

so we have a fair few students onboard ...what about teachers lol ?

cheers

osborne82
Ok will do m8, i can help out with the basic stuff (small mods to compiled imgs) but thats about it. Never created one, yet lol.

theres no password yet m8 just hang fire till we get it sorted :) :)

so we have a fair few students onboard ...what about teachers lol ?

cheers

osborne82

I'm not one for standing in front of class issuing homework, but i don't mind helping out, where I can, with any problems/queries.

Wiggy

I'm interested in the development of the dreambox images when you have got the section ready.

You never know, there might be a big Al image soon. :)

It would be good to get a wish list of new features people want and things that are not working correctly.

dont get me wrong, its a great idea, but no1's really exactly said how it works? do u give specific tutorials for the code and what parts do what etc?

i think also rather than having a load of ppl do their own images, maybe it would also be good to have seperate teaching groups so ppl can work on particular parts of an image? like a group who like the HTTP side of things could work on that image code etc.....

like i said, dont get me wrong im not sure how the school thing works, and ive only ever looked at the tuxbox code to serialize the services to xml for a c# project. so im jus trying to chuck out some ideas on what this school will/may do?

cheers.

ok can i take it all that replyed to this thread are intrested in joining the school ? if so il pm all the password in the morning and we can start :)

anyone els wanting in can reply here and a pm will be yours :) :)

ps anyone wanting to join at a later date dont worry again just post in here and itl be sorted

thanks

osborne82

solster I would say it will be pretty much the same way the Dbox2 school is run :) have a look in that section to see how it looks :)

Best of luck students!!!!!!!!! would like to learn myself, but just started a new job and got quite a bit on,maybe sometime in the future: multi :

I am certainly interested in giving this a go. I look forward to putting on the dunces hat, and sitting in the naughty corner.

solster I would say it will be pretty much the same way the Dbox2 school is run :) have a look in that section to see how it looks :)

thanks dude, will have a nosey.

EDIT

ah makes a lot more sense now lol. i was thinking of some sort of sourceforge type thing and... well, wasnt too sure after that lol.

sounds good thou, will probably join in later in the year.

Last edited:
ok can i take it all that replyed to this thread are intrested in joining the school ? if so il pm all the password in the morning and we can start :)

anyone els wanting in can reply here and a pm will be yours :) :)

ps anyone wanting to join at a later date dont worry again just post in here and itl be sorted

thanks

osborne82

count me in m8.

thanks dude, will have a nosey.

EDIT

ah makes a lot more sense now lol. i was thinking of some sort of sourceforge type thing and... well, wasnt too sure after that lol.

sounds good thou, will probably join in later in the year.

whats wrong chicken heheheh :)

its not that hard trust me just takes alittle setting up first time :) but thats it then the fun begins lol

as for the sourgforge type thing i think thats great maybe once peeps start playing and editing code we can set up something along them lines as this is what its all about sharing and playing :)

once things get going there will be lessions on creating plugins , menus and how to create simple list boxes etc etc its all good

cheers

osborne82

k pagers sent to all those that replyed and showed a intrest

anyone who wants in at a later date please pm

cheers

osborne82

for anyone intrested school is going well lol

we already have some peeps with a working image and are now looking at making some usefull plugins and menus :) :)

hopefully we will have some great images flying out soon !

cheers

osborne82

Back