dreambox school :)

iant

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyway its up to you guys really is there any intrest in making your own images ?

Definitely! Would it be possible for the school to cover neutrino as well as enigma?

j00

Inactive User
Reaction score
Definitely! Would it be possible for the school to cover neutrino as well as enigma?

Agreed, I would love to learn more skills into the dreambox especially for neutrino .

Griz

DW Member ++
Reaction score
yep same here i am willing to learn how to create images! need loads of help tho! have to start somewhere! ;)

Johny48

Premium Member
Reaction score
great idea

hi osborne82
i would join in to at the moment doing a dbox image in the dbox school but love to learn more about the dream just new to this section but have been playing with the dbox for a few years not making images though just adding files and that to mode German images for UK.
cheers johny48

mshears30

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Sounds like a excellent idea to me. I would love to learn more. I am a software developer and would like to develop a "series link" feature.

zaf786

DW Member +
Reaction score
Hi good idea osborne82 i be intrested in learning few things****

osborne82

Inactive User
Reaction score
looking good so far then :)

basicly im thinking start at the very basics with topics from setting up a basic dev environment to acutaly playing with code with as much help as we go along :)

as for neutrino well yes its possible the process for enigma, neutrino ( and lcars hehe) are pretty much the same so as people develope there skills in the basics eveything els should follow suite :)

cheers

osborne82

ps for peeps following the dboxs school for compiling your own images ie a linux setup then your half way there already for dreambox dev !

icm

Inactive User
Reaction score
would be very much interested.

solster

Inactive User
Reaction score
this might be a bit off the wall, but is it possible to make the dreambox run off the linux version of c# .net?

(basically porting all the tuxbox code to .net)

reason being, it looks like my phd is coming to an end and i need something new to work on :)

p.s. cool idea! lol.

Last edited:

orourke

Inactive User
Reaction score
Great idea!

BTW - does anyone here know why all downloads are giving 'error : file not found' messages?

I can't download anything (I have previously) Need to fix my dreambox, recon DW1.6.1 could be the answer, but cannot try it!!!!!!!

Rat

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
its been noted and will be fixed soon m8 ;)

frenchman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Os the school sounds a good idea, is it for anyone or do you need some programming skills to begin with?

Frenchman

ellie1998

Inactive User
Reaction score
you need to be able to copy and paste cmd line inputs :)

unlike dbox images they need to be modded in linux as they are squashfs/cramfs only the /var is jffs2 and writable, you need to be able to add some files to /lib or cams won't work.

TEST