dreambox school :)

you need to be able to copy and paste cmd line inputs :)

unlike dbox images they need to be modded in linux as they are squashfs/cramfs only the /var is jffs2 and writable, you need to be able to add some files to /lib or cams won't work.

That's ok then, im an expert at cut and paste lol :)

Frenchman

would be interested in learning about image creation, i don't know if i would be capable of creating one but it would good to try.

cool this sounds like it will take off then :) maybe admin can sort us out with a little room and space :) :)

as for coding, well as ellie says for the most part itl be copy and past once the linux is set up right with all the requierd stuff which will be guided on ( or u can use ellies linux posted in dbox school section) its fairly straight forward

but as you develop you skills basic coding will be learnt and explained but with anything new it may apear hard at first but with the help on here im sure most if not all problems can be solved

and as more peeps play with this im sure new features and addons will be made for the dreambox which inturn can only benifit us all :)

cheers

osborne82

ok the intrest is good :) if its not done by another Admin Ill sort it tomorrow when I get in from work guys :)
should be up and running by 4pm tomorrow ;)

What a great idea, I would love to learn more about the Dreambox. Although you might have to go easy on me, the old grey matter is a bit slow at my age

Cant wait for this to start, Ill install linux on my old laptop ;)

Need password

Very interested in this idea.Please send me a password to access the school.cannot wait to get cracking!!!!!!!!

ok Im up way past my bed time lol its all ready to go just need to speak to the guys involved and give them the password and should be all go go go :Hit:

Would love to give it a go, dont think i will be any good, but no harm trying :)

Great idea guys :)

I would love to give this a go, it will give us something to play with, most of the time there is nothing to do on the dreambox because it works so well. I love experimenting with things like this.

ok we have a little room set up now :) we just need to work out a few things then wel get this started.

more details soon

cheers

osborne82

ok we have a little room set up now :) we just need to work out a few things then wel get this started.

more details soon

cheers

osborne82

looking forward to it m8.

would like to learn more about images tooo

im currently doing simple visual basic at college but would like to use c++ and linux

im very intrested

but please start at the weee very very basic level

Sounds good would luv to have a look in, could someone pm me the password plz?

Sounds good would luv to have a look in, could someone pm me the password plz?

theres no password yet m8 just hang fire till we get it sorted :) :)

so we have a fair few students onboard ...what about teachers lol ?

cheers

osborne82

Back