Dreambox Picture breakup hints thread

I fix my problem by using a catv signal booster and this does work I have tested it the only thing is you must use splitter fisrt and seperate the broad band signal for the modem and than use the 2nd out from splitter into the catv signal booster I got one with one input 3 output all work fine

Got a url of the one you got?

Cheers

ok just added a slx booster andrecivd the missing channels, now the picture has started to freeze, how do you check the signal strength to see if the signal needs increaing or decreasing...

Here are my experiments with picture freezing issues -

Bought an original box, installed the DW 1.5 image, but it was freezing average every 10 mins, on all channels (apart from the FTA channels). Tried the DW 1.6.2 image, that was marginally better. Although the signal strength was showing a consistent 95%.

I tried one of the yellow 'brick' booster, that helped alot, increasing the freezing to about every 20 mins. I then tried a Peng cloned box, this was again slightly better than the original box.
As a last gasp attempt I tried the Diorj 0.6 image. It's working perfectly, No freezing, no picture breakup. Not even a need to have the booster plugged in.
Diorj 0.6 (and Wiggy) I salute you!

Hopefully this will help someone with picture freezing issues.

bb69

how would i know if the signal is too high or too low?
i bought a booster and when i switched it on (placing it before the splitter) the pic quality got worse! no matter how much i fiddled around with the gain and slope. does this mean the signal was too much? without the booster, the pic quality breaks up faintly a lil bit sometimes and sometimes it stutters heavily and even goes blank for a few secs and comes back.

im sure wat i could do to resolve this one?

how would i know if the signal is too high or too low?
i bought a booster and when i switched it on (placing it before the splitter) the pic quality got worse! no matter how much i fiddled around with the gain and slope. does this mean the signal was too much? without the booster, the pic quality breaks up faintly a lil bit sometimes and sometimes it stutters heavily and even goes blank for a few secs and comes back.

im sure wat i could do to resolve this one?
If the pic got worse after boosting, then yes, it does sound like your signal is too strong. Maybe try a variable attenuator from here.

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/coaxial_accessories.htm

£2.99. S'gotta be worth a shot, right?

Here are my experiments with picture freezing issues -

Bought an original box, installed the DW 1.5 image, but it was freezing average every 10 mins, on all channels (apart from the FTA channels). Tried the DW 1.6.2 image, that was marginally better. Although the signal strength was showing a consistent 95%.

I tried one of the yellow 'brick' booster, that helped alot, increasing the freezing to about every 20 mins. I then tried a Peng cloned box, this was again slightly better than the original box.
As a last gasp attempt I tried the Diorj 0.6 image. It's working perfectly, No freezing, no picture breakup. Not even a need to have the booster plugged in.
Diorj 0.6 (and Wiggy) I salute you!

Hopefully this will help someone with picture freezing issues.

bb69

Just to confirm I had same problem had dw 1.6.5 picture freezing over the last 2weeks put diorj 0.6 which I first started off with this year and perfection! problem solved.

Back