dreambox :Cry:

davidh

<font color="RED">Administrator</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
:Cry: does anybody know where i can get the bootloader on the 5620s dreambox re-done
somehow mine is corrupt

h**p://www.sat-industry.net/forums/archive/index.php/f-56

see if this is any good to you david

How to restore your DreamBox yourself if your bootloader is corrupted

h**p://www.dreambox.net.au/tutorials/bootloader.php

If all else fails is it possible to reflash the chip manually with an image?

Spectre said:
If all else fails is it possible to reflash the chip manually with an image?

no m8 :(
it has to be a jtag
was looking for a shop or some one who could do it
not fooking about with this lol
£150 down drain if it is fooked
plus i dont have a comp with linux on

If you had a working dump off another box would it be possible?

IE. To clone images from a working unit :).

dont know if a bootloader is in a diff place
cos i have tried erase flash but didnt work
i have tried flashing with known working flashes
no go
just thinking the bootloader must be in a diff chip

the dreambox is basicly a pc running linuxbut i dont have a hdd
so the os must be on a chip

You could do some searches for each device on the PCB and find if they are programmable.

If you list them I will have a look in my programmers device listing and see what can be programmed.

The bootloader could be on the same chip as the rest of the firmware, sometimes (as in cable modems) the whole chip isn't written to during upgrades etc. Physically removing the programmable devices and reprogramming them with images read from another box would work surely? :)

Spectre said:
You could do some searches for each device on the PCB and find if they are programmable.

If you list them I will have a look in my programmers device listing and see what can be programmed.

The bootloader could be on the same chip as the rest of the firmware, sometimes (as in cable modems) the whole chip isn't written to during upgrades etc. Physically removing the programmable devices and reprogramming them with images read from another box would work surely? :)
here r the files i have for programing the boot loader

bootloader

Hi mate..

dont know if this works on your model of dreambox, but I killed my 500c trying to get a working image. I used dreamup and a bog standard .IMG file cos I could not see the IP address ( JUST A BLUE PICTURE ON THE TV ). It worked and although I still cannot get it decoding cable feeds, at least I can see the menus etc.

Back