DreamBox 800 HD PVR not booting

alyamani

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've installed some plugins in my DreamBox 800 HD PVR from Ferrari, when I restarted the machine to see what the boot-logo (Rihana) looks like and also to activate the other plugins , it did not re-boot or connect.

I was told to flash it which I tried several times. The problem is that I don't know which image to choose and how long does it take to flash.

Two nights ago I left it to flash when I woke up in the morning it was still at the same point (neither uploading nor flashing).

I also tried Dream-up it did not work for me.

What would be the problem or what can I do to reboot my machine ?

Hi there,

I've installed some plugins in my DreamBox 800 HD PVR from Ferrari, when I restarted the machine to see what the boot-logo (Rihana) looks like and also to activate the other plugins , it did not re-boot or connect.

I was told to flash it which I tried several times. The problem is that I don't know which image to choose and how long does it take to flash.

Two nights ago I left it to flash when I woke up in the morning it was still at the same point (neither uploading nor flashing).

I also tried Dream-up it did not work for me.

What would be the problem or what can I do to reboot my machine ?

So you have a Ferrari box with Ferrari Sim ?

If so flash a Ferrari image over Ethernet with this guide it takes about 5 mins

Flashing a new firmware by Browser

What you need to flash
You need the image file you want to flash. Image files have the extension *.nfi. You can't flash other
images like *.img files. Don't try it - it won't work.
You need either a DHCP server, a configured bootloader or a serial cable and a terminal program
like HyperTerm.
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable.
To flash a new image, you can use the second stage loader. It must be present and not broken.
The following steps assume you have a DHCP server.
If you don't have one, you have to setup an IP address in the bootloader's serial setup.

- Power down the Dreambox, either using "shutdown" and by removing the power connector.
Standby is not enough!

front_pfeil.jpg

- (1.) Press and hold the power button. Replug the power connector into the Dreambox.
- (3.) A text "*** STOP ***" should appear. Now you can release the button.
The bootloader entered the "waiting" mode.
- (4.) Above the "*** STOP ***" text, there should appear an IP-address
(four decimal values with a dot in between). If there appears the string "dhcp" instead,
the box still searches for a DHCP server. Wait a bit. If it doesn't change, something doesn't
work with the DHCP server. Check wether network cable is plugged in etc. If it just doesn't
work, set an IP using the serial terminal

WebInterface.jpg

- Now, open a browser on your PC.
(1.) enter in the address line "http://ip/" (where ip must be replaced with the value in the LCD).
- (2.) on the bottom of the page, there's a link called "firmware upgrade". Click it.

WebInterface2.jpg

- On the next page, you can select the flash image you want to flash. be sure that it has the ".nfi" extension.
You can't flash other images (like .img)!
- Click on "FLASH!" and wait. It might take some time to upload and flash the image.
- Switch the box off again, and on again. The new image should be flashed and working.

Thanks Ferret for your well explained response,
I've been trying to flash the machine for several days, I am sure I am doing it right but it is not responding or maybe I have not picked the right image.
The following is a bit too technical for me:
You need a browser, and a network cable. If you connect the Dreambox directly to the PC,
you need a cross cable, if you connect trough a switch/hub/router you need a normal
(non-cross) cable
Do this mean that I cann't flash with my normal browser (Firefox) and net connetion ?
Cheers !

try dream up 1.3.2, i have success getting the flash button to work, however i am still finding out which firmware can i use... :( Same box as you but mines a cloned

try dream up 1.3.2, i have success getting the flash button to work, however i am still finding out which firmware can i use... :( Same box as you but mines a cloned

Mine is also cloned, and I haven't got a clue what image I should flash. I managed to collect the bigest liberary in town of images, none of the works. And still trying. Keep me posted if you get some success. Aaaaaah, my eyes gone red and I haven't moved an inch for five days.

By the way I lost count of the number of dream-ups I used, I'll give 1.3.2 another go and see. Cheers !

Last edited by a moderator:
yah i tried a couple and all cant work until i tried 1_3_3_2 version... give it a go

yah i tried a couple and all cant work until i tried 1_3_3_2 version... give it a go

I tried 1.3.2.1 same result unfortunately beside the facts that I also used other versions. It's not the end of the world yet, we'll keep on trying.

Look for 1.3.3.2

Guys first without doubt establish these.
What box you have clone or genuine.
model/make
What sim your box has installed

Make sure box is connected to router or has a network connection.using Ethernet cable or wifi bridge or null modem cable.
nothing will work unless your networked.Follow the guilds to the letter.

when things don't work tell us whats happening and what you have done so far to enable us to help you.

Last edited:

you have DM800HD se clone according to your other posts him got DM800 dont start getting everything confused....

I see...If thats the case, i cant help much other then cheering you on the find the right Dream up which can work.;)

I see...If thats the case, i cant help much other then cheering you on the find the right Dream up which can work.;)

Where are you at-at the moment.what have you done what is not happening what are you wanting to do etc.carnt help if we don't know....

Thanks Ferret for your well explained response,
I've been trying to flash the machine for several days, I am sure I am doing it right but it is not responding or maybe I have not picked the right image.
The following is a bit too technical for me:

Do this mean that I cann't flash with my normal browser (Firefox) and net connetion ?
Cheers !

Firefox can be iffy mate better to try IE

Just make sure your using the correct images for your sim type

Back