Dreambox 500S question (Cyprus)?

MONKey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Do these boxes have to be on the internet to auto update the key's?

I'm asking as a friend who's moved to Cyprus has just serial cabled his m8's image from over there onto his box (The guy who setup his mate's box was a trader! :Kickassro and he's changed the telnet login's etc)

He only seems to be getting to FTA channels while his m8 who he grabbed the image off get's evrything.

I've told him to leave it on a channel that's not FTA to see if it picks anything up.

Oh, and one more thing. Apparently they only use MGCamd over there so it can't be the cam.....

:)

i dont think it needs to update the key if it is connected to the net it shud do it manually correct me if i am wrong.

If they're using mgcamd to cardshare then the box will need to be connected to the net. I think mgcamd uses the newcamd.list and peer.cfg files in /var/keys for cardsharing.

But even that won't get him all the channels.

The CS server will know your mates, mates modems ip address. So simply copying his image wouldn't work because your modem (or external) ip address would be different.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Devilfish ;),

I'll pass it on and see what arises. I don't know if they are cardsharing or what over there. I just thought the keys would auto-update through the dish like the 500C's do through the feed.

Sorry for the double post....

Just phoned him up. He said they are definantly not card sharing as his m8 had no card in there.

He know's someone over there who subscribes to them too, even they don't have a card! (maybe they are telling porkies about subscribing?)

He's got a couple of the channels that are not FTA but not many.

Anyone any ideas?

Would it be worth him cloning the 'subscribers' box?

And do they have to be on the net for the key rolls, or will it pick them up through the dish?

There are few ways to auto update 500s one is to have a plugin installed like satans key installer press yellow button select satan and all keys update over the internet (ethernet port) other wise rely on someone else via CS to update there emus therefore you will be update through them and of course do it manually via DCC.

Sorry for the double post....
Just phoned him up. He said they are definantly not card sharing as his m8 had no card in there.
He know's someone over there who subscribes to them too, even they don't have a card! (maybe they are telling porkies about subscribing?)
He's got a couple of the channels that are not FTA but not many.
Anyone any ideas?
Would it be worth him cloning the 'subscribers' box?
And do they have to be on the net for the key rolls, or will it pick them up through the dish?

It will not update keys via dish only via ethernet port using internet read my post above.

That must be his problem then, he may be unfortunate and there's been a key roll since he cloned the box.

I'll tell him to try cloning it again.

Cheers peeps ;)

Its probably as easy to get all the right cams on if he can .and also the right encryption methods which can be obtained all in one folder and as you say manually put them across into the respected folder var/keys and possibly only to update softcam which is sometimes twice daily for some providers.
all this is depending on what channels are required.
assuming its a dial up in cyprus ? may have cable?
just download to a folder,,,mgcamd 1.25 s ok for a while which can give viewable programmes in english
completely different to cable a different ball game
Regards Boris

He can't ftp into the box though as the trader changed all the default logins :Kickassro

He don't have internet over there yet either which is why I am trying to get the help for him.

He's taking a fresh clone of the box and trying again. No doubt if that doesn't work he'll be backin touch...lol

If there going to be changing them twice daily he's gonna have to get online really or it's going to be painfull to keep his box up to date with what you've all said.

What is the name of the satellite provider your are talking about?
Some scrambling systems are simply not hacked and its only card sharing possible.
Card sharing means instead of a local card the box is talking to a valid subscriber card at a server via internet.

Hi mgb,

I know what cardsharing is m8. And the system over there is hacked as the guy who's box was cloned isn't cardsharing and has all the channels.

It seems like they keyroll a lot, and he needs to be onlint to update his keys as spectra said.

Hi mgb,
I know what cardsharing is m8. And the system over there is hacked as the guy who's box was cloned isn't cardsharing and has all the channels.
It seems like they keyroll a lot, and he needs to be onlint to update his keys as spectra said.

There is only card sharing possible for Nova.
If you are not willing to tell the name of the provider your mate wants a further discussion makes no sense.

There is only card sharing possible for Nova.
If you are not willing to tell the name of the provider your mate wants a further discussion makes no sense.

Errr I never said I wasn't willing to give information m8 ;)

As I said back in post #9, I told him to try cloning the box again. Not heard from him since so I am presuming it's worked.

However if your interested in the name of the providers in Cyprus I will glady ask him for you m8?

I am sure mgb knows the satellite providers covering europe MONkey. In my view mgb knows what he was saying and was just offering you help. The point is that we are not able to help you more unless we had more info. As mgb indicates Nova Cyprus is not available on emulation so the 'key-roll' was to do with losing some other package. I agree that nobody here can give further advice as you cannot say which channels/packages have been lost.
Regards :)

OK, but like I said I 'think' the problem has been resolved as he's not been back in touch ;)

Either that or he's given up and thrown the towel in.....lol

I just thought mgb was curious as to the providers in Cyprus so was offering to find out for him.

The reception of satellites depends on the footprint of a single satellite and not where the headquarters of a provider is located.

Back