Dreambox 2 cams

JimmyP

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone tried it yet lol i have

ive got mgcamd 1.27b and scam 3.28 working i have to manually switch between the 2 cams

the reason i have scam installed is it AU'S on polsat aswell as premiere and Digi Tv at 1 west
as mgcamd only AU'S on premiere

right if your competent and want to try i take no resposibility if you fook ur box BTW lol

blue button download install and scam config 3.25

hope you have fun lol

you will probablty have to ftp this to your temp file on ur dreambox and install via blue button open the archive 2 so ur left with a tar.gz file

Depending on your image (Gemini should work) you should be able to assign an emu to a specific channel so that when you flick to that channel it automatically uses the other emu.

It's called 'autocam' on Gemini images (I think, it's been a while lol).

Saves you manually switching between emu.

I only "see" 2 satellites at 13e & 19e so I can't comment on 1w.

I use Enigma at the moment, but I am in the process of deleting everything and re-configuring with a few more images to see how things currently are.
Pli-lolite and Nabilo are going onto a CF card along with the enigma 4.20 as a fall-back.

I use a single cam MGCAMD1.28, which autoupdates on TPS if you park it on M6 ROCK for 5 minutes, it collects the codes for TPS/MultiVision. Premiere is updated via the blue button, using the luxsat key-updater which downloads the new softcam keys from their site. You'll need to get their UserAddon.xml and put it into the dreambox's /etc directory and it will show as a second option under the blue-button the enigma image also allows cam downloads directly from the gemini server.
MGcamd usually does other packages as well - when the keys are available.

CCcam 2.05 also does premiere and TPS (still trying this one out)

You can lock specific packages to a particular cam by :
A) Tune to a channel within the package that you want to decode
B) Blue - Button
C) Enable AutoCamd - yellow
B) Auto-Camd setup - red
D) Add provider - green
E) re-start CamD - green

Repeat until you're done.

You can lock specific packages to a particular cam by :
A) Tune to a channel within the package that you want to decode
B) Blue - Button
C) Enable AutoCamd - yellow
B) Auto-Camd setup - red
D) Add provider - green
E) re-start CamD - green

Repeat until you're done.

nice post m8, i know a few members use multiple cams for their own reasons for different packages, do you know if its possible to assaign a cam to a whole satellite like this?

I don't think it' possible to lock an entire satellite to one cam, as each satellite sends in multiple protocols. The default on camd is at the Provider level (eg all premiere channels) - given that there are only (usually) a couple of providers on each satellite for which the decodes are available so the overhead of assigning a cam to a provider is usually not too much effort.
I leave mine on one cam as the codes are usually limited in availability.

Back