VM Sound Issue Fix

dexyweescot

Inactive User
Reaction score
Install a fresh OpenATV 6.1 image from their site ATV 6.1
Once all loaded

1. Install ABM 2.9 thru the plugin feeds.

2. Install CAMS feed from here

3. Reboot

4. Go back into plugin feeds and install softcam Mgcamd 1.38.

5. Reboot

6. Set your tuner back up for your netid and your ABM settings. Scan channels

7. Enter your line into /usr/keys/newcamd.list

8. If you need a working mg.cfg file, get it here. Put it into /usr/keys folder.

9. Press blue>softcam>softcam panel and start the cam

10. Setup your audio settings in menu>setup>audio>auto language settings.
use this setup

Audio Settings

Should be up and running

what does audio settings acheive, has I normally leave it as default

I usually change the AC3 but not audio language selection although I did when on Sat

I was still getting Nar on BBC ONE Scotland HD @jfish untill I set the options. Yes that was my set up for Sat and it worked but wont do any harm.

Maybe overkill now then.

Reactions: Rat
Hi thanks for this, but cant seams to find OpenATV 6.1 for Dreambox 800HD.

Has anyone found a DM800HD image that has to audio fix yet?

They dont make an image for that box anymore.

For people with outdated boxes, is there a way to manually fix this issue? Is editing each channel via E-Channelizer and editing AC3 audio the only way?

At a guess, some people in the image industry get free boxes from the manufactures for "test" purposes.

Don't be under the illusion that ALL image makers are 100% made up of voluntary people. Whilst there are a lot of people who do commit there time and resourced freely, I personally know of people why have 10-20 different boxes direct from manufacturers.

There is no financial benefit to the manufacturers in supporting other older boxes that are no longer sold, they would rather sell you one of there latest boxes.

You could download the code for an image and setup the relevant build environment and compile your existing image but with the issue fixed.

Back