Dream-Elite V-2.1 DM800

yeah mate after clearing the toaster of burned nan breads and the water going off last night and my lucky escape passed that horrendous crash on the M5 on Friday i decided that I'd just head to bed, after turning off all the electric and making sure my defibrillator was in working order! (might give this another go when it warms up in here, the lab is sub zero at the moment!)

You crack me up m8 lolol

i flashed the new ssl and then as soon as it rebooted i flashed the image, i did notice when it started to boot the 2nd time that it said it had the new boot loader, just the little bit between the time it starts and then it says **STOP** etc..... curiosity is going to get the better of me here ain't it? and maybe try and just flash the ssl....lol...after me burnt nan bread supper that is!

ok dibbers i finnaley got this on mine i found i had been using the wrong one there is one for 800 and there is one for the 800hd as well ,i maged it all thro web interface ,first i put ip in to web but i did it twice casue i wasnt sure how once image was flashed i was gonna be able to flash the bootloader onto staright after the image went on now mines has bootloader 84 on it and dream elite image too oo and for other little things there is another trick you need to do too

nice one, so you flashed the SSL and then the new image straight away? this image was it? the one for a genuine box? and secret little thing you have to do? come on man share and share a like...lol (is it a fire blanket!?)

ok dibbers i finnaley got this on mine i found i had been using the wrong one there is one for 800 and there is one for the 800hd as well ,i maged it all thro web interface ,first i put ip in to web but i did it twice casue i wasnt sure how once image was flashed i was gonna be able to flash the bootloader onto staright after the image went on now mines has bootloader 84 on it and dream elite image too oo and for other little things there is another trick you need to do too

So what are we saying guys, does this image work on a clone DM800HD or not?? I have flashed the 84a bootloader successfully, I'm just not moving on the next step until someone tells me the image is safe :)

Did you do as was suggested and flashed the SSL and then re-booted the image with the current image on it? I'd hang fire for now with this image until confirmed, i flashed the SSL and then didn't allow the box time to boot, went straight into flash again (where you get the word *stop* up on screen) and then flashed this image to get the CA NOT FOUND (and then had to use a null modem cable and dreamup to get it back together)

so, you've just re flashed the ssl and booted your existing image?

anyone got a reliable link for this as i cant seem to find a live one...

im on the old bootloader and have no clue how to flash to a new one so might just try and flash the image straight off and see what happens

As far as I am aware if you have a sim 2.01 you can then flash the new ssl84a first and then flash the image regardless of whether its a clone or not,at least this is the case on the dm800se anyway :)

I wouldn't flash the new image with out booting the box with a new SSL mate, i think this image might be for an orginal but after making the simm update on your box 1st then this iamge should then work. check out your other post i've just replied as booting this image with out the new SSL i'd suggest "no"

just flashed this image. flashed image through web interface first, didnt reboot and then flashed the ssl84 and then rebooted. all okay

cant install cccam on this image its doing my head in now, tried manually installing ipk through tmp folder, rebooted box after install nothing there when i press blue button still says 0 softcam and 0 cardserver, so i installed tspanel, and still its not installed it, is there anything else i should be doing, thought it would of done it no bother through tspanel, was 2.2.1 iv tried to install so far!

EDIT: just tried 1 of the channels and its working, lol, but still when i press blue button it doesnt recognise that theres any softcam installed, weird!

Last edited:
anybody know how to access the multi epg on this image???

have you tried holding the button down....the one that brings the single EPG up? hold it down for a little while?

have you tried holding the button down....the one that brings the single EPG up? hold it down for a little while?
doesnt do nowt mate, can get the week epg up but only for a single channel! on other dream elite image it was press 3 for multi epg but nowt on this like!

Do you have an "info" button on the remote? what happens when you hold that down?

Do you have an "info" button on the remote? what happens when you hold that down?
thats the 1 dibbers lad, graphical epg, show single service epg, and multi epg show up when i hold "info" down, cheers pal!

No worries, so you got this all working with a HDD and that mate? i love the look of it, was thinking of having another go at it, in between chewing on bits of an xbox 360 jtag...! right good work, I'm off to stick parts of this 360 into my brain by tapping my head gentle against a nail gun......(see other posts lolollol)

No worries, so you got this all working with a HDD and that mate? i love the look of it, was thinking of having another go at it, in between chewing on bits of an xbox 360 jtag...! right good work, I'm off to stick parts of this 360 into my brain by tapping my head gentle against a nail gun......(see other posts lolollol)
nar no hdd mate, its just the box in my bedroom for viewing really, this is the 1 i mess about with, just leave the others as they all work fine, will test it for a few days and if its decent ill swap the others over, seems a nice little image so far, take some getting used to still as iv always used the 1.33 version. i flashed bootloader 1st, restarted box up, then flashed image, then flashed bootloader again straight after just to make sure, lol, didnt want no ca error, and luckily it flashed no bother 1st time. iv never ventured into the xbox world like looks like 1 big headache i could do without, ha, good luck though, lmao! ;)

Back