Dream-Elite V-2.1 DM800

Very nice looking image but I get the same old error when trying to flash :(

INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)

Two things to try fix that error m8,
Either try a different browser or flash over the latest ssl and let the box fully reboot
and then try the image again,not forgetting the ssl again before the final reboot.

does HDD work with this image, i have flashed it and i can do a recording but i cant play it back. Also old videos are not playable, pointless image for me if i cant get it working, loved the look of it.

No worries, so you got this all working with a HDD and that mate? i love the look of it, was thinking of having another go at it, in between chewing on bits of an xbox 360 jtag...! right good work, I'm off to stick parts of this 360 into my brain by tapping my head gentle against a nail gun......(see other posts lolollol)

does HDD work with this image, i have flashed it and i can do a recording but i cant play it back. Also old videos are not playable, pointless image for me if i cant get it working, loved the look of it.

Yeah same issues as me with it, love the look of it though mate!

oh well i hope someone can see if there is a way to fix it as the image does look good.

I'm going to have another go at it some time, will let you know mate.

If thats the firmware thingy ma bob, and yes oh dear, ive flashed the latest from the dm site. Bootloader thingy ma bob

I am a techno genie lol

If its a genuine box and you have flashed the latest bootloader then it should flash straight on m8,
if not then either its not the latest bootloader or try a different browser

I'm going to have another go at it some time, will let you know mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got this working, seems to be issue with the patched images. I tried a download from dream-elite site and patched with ssl84a and all working fine now

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got this working, seems to be issue with the patched images. I tried a download from dream-elite site and patched with ssl84a and all working fine now

Nice one, but this is not a patched version as far as I am aware?

If i took this image and put it on the box and loaded the SSL and the made a back up that would be the image with the boot loader patched? (of course with no cline etc) would i then be able to load it up here? that means that people would then be able to flash it with the new SSl already patched?

(i think i need an assistant to help me here in the lab like, I'll put a note on the notice board)

Last edited:
Same issue with both browsers, I never have luck with these boxes lol ask Digi ;)

Are you sure you flashed the correct boot loader m8

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Same issue with both browsers, I never have luck with these boxes lol ask Digi ;)

I've got a genuine dm800 and flashed ssl84 then the image no problems using IE8

Have you tried dreamup and a serial cable?
One problem i did have though was when I was on SSL75 and a USB stick plugged in the bootloader would not go as far as getting an IP from DHCP, once the usb stick was unplugged a DCHP ip came up striaght away.

Last edited:
Back