[DOWNLOAD] Rat's DW Picons 28.2E Updated

Looks like the script has an error not sure how to copy and paste it but when I try manual ftp the files I also get 6 files that wont upload

Rat's DW Picons 28.2E Updated has been updated!

With big thanks to snapman for making the new picons
To Coincide With Rat's Bouquets, Today's Changes,
the picons are made to work with Rat's Bouquet. if you use another channel list and some picons do not show you will need to find and rename the picon for it to work with your chosen channel list other that Rat's Bouquet

mei.JPG

Make It Easier For Yourself, Use The Picon Plugin Updater :) << Click <<

Rat's Bouquet & Picon Blog

Rats DW Astra 28.2 Picons

Compile Date: 25-06-13

FULL SET

Updated By Rat and Snapman

Picons are small square (rectangle) graphics you see for a channel in certain parts of your menu system and/or if you have a front display on your receiver they can be seen on the receiver itself to identify which channel you are viewing , these picons make your Satellite Receiver act more like normal provider boxes when you visit a channel you will see an identification graphic which relates to each channel.

INSTALLATION:
FTP into your satellite receiver create a folder called picons (preferably on the USB or HD for space saving).

UPGRADE:
FTP into your satellite receiver find the folder with your picons installed, and overwrite them.

AUTOMATIC UPDATES:
You can do it manually like above or Rat has an Auto Picon Updater Plugin that will allow you to simply press a button and it will download the latest plugins automatically without any input from you.

See:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/370460/

Thats it your done!

TROUBLE SHOOTING:
not sure where the picons are, try this command in telnet:
find picons

These Picons are made by normal members of the public who devote their time making and maintaining these images for all members please show your support.

Enjoy the Picons.

Thread Discussion

Last edited by a moderator:
Its really weird the following files will not upload, no matter which ftp program I use
1_0_0_1340_7DC_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
1_0_0_1342_807_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
1_0_0_1407_807_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
1_0_1_1A30_7DD_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
1_0_1_1B5D_7DA_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
1_0_1_1B5E_7DA_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

Also still getting error using the plugin

Last edited:
what box - image ?

plugin installs fine as I installed it on the latest DW image Sunday

Picons go across fins as I transferred them tonight before releasing

maybe the usb is corrupt and needs formatting ?

It is only those 6 icons on vu+ duo with latest vix images.

I lied it uploads to the tm twin but not the vu+ duo I will try formatting usb

Last edited:

the picons are made to work with Rat's Bouquet. if you use another channel list and some picons do not show you will need to find and rename the picon for it to work with your chosen channel list other that Rat's Bouquet

mei.JPG

FULL SET

Picons are small square (rectangle) graphics you see for a channel in certain parts of your menu system and/or if you have a front display on your receiver they can be seen on the receiver itself to identify which channel you are viewing , these picons make your Satellite Receiver act more like normal provider boxes when you visit a channel you will see an identification graphic which relates to each channel.

INSTALLATION:
FTP into your satellite receiver create a folder called picons (preferably on the USB or HD for space saving).

UPGRADE:
FTP into your satellite receiver find the folder with your picons installed, and overwrite them.

AUTOMATIC UPDATES:
You can do it manually like above or Rat has an Auto Picon Updater Plugin that will allow you to simply press a button and it will download the latest plugins automatically without any input from you.

See:

Thats it your done!

TROUBLE SHOOTING:
find picons

These Picons are made by normal members of the public who devote their time making and maintaining these images for all members please show your support.

Enjoy the Picons.

Hi mate,

Excellent picons as usual.
I am having an issue however with my DM800HD.
It won't display picons for the following channels............
BBC3 HD
BBC4 HD
more>movies
m>movies+1
CBeebies HD
CBBC HD

From what I can see these picons differ to all the others in that the bit depth is set to 32 rather than 8.
They just display as solid black picon instead of channel picon.
The picons display ok in DbEdit so I am assuming the issue is that DM800HD can't display 32 bit depth.

If anyone can explain how to change the bit depth I will have a go myself.

Cheers
raz0r

What channel list are you using ?
Sound like there could be a conflict as though you have used black picons in the past and the 2 sets are now combined

Thanks your the prompt reply.
Using your bouquet channel list - Rats Bouquets HD 07.12.2013.rar.

Deleted the old picon folder & re-ran Picon Updater plug-in today but still the same.
Can view the "offending" picons in DBedit for the channels listed above but they still show solid black on DM800HD.
Updated picons today still have properties of 100x60 pixels but bit depth of 32, whereas the picons that are showing on box are 100x60 with bit depth of 8.

Cheers
raz0r

Will see if @snapman can shed light on it
I know Napster was having problems like this but after a reflash all was good
see if anyone else posts they are having problems :)

No problem.
It's not a make or break deal.
If I am allowed to use the remote anytime soon I might just go ahead & do a reflash.

Thanks again.
raz0r

@raz0r19 @Rat I'm sure I saved the HD picons mentioned at 8 bit. I've attached them here. These are 8 bit. Hope these work for you raz0r.

Regards,

snapman :)

Attachments

• 1_0_1_C7B0_821_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    1_0_1_C7B0_821_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    3.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 1_0_1_D35E_81C_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    1_0_1_D35E_81C_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 119
  • 1_0_19_1B27_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    1_0_19_1B27_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
  • 1_0_19_22E3_80D_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    1_0_19_22E3_80D_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 119
  • 1_0_19_22E4_80D_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    1_0_19_22E4_80D_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
  • 1_0_19_1B28_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    1_0_19_1B28_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
    3.7 KB · Views: 119
@raz0r19 @Rat I'm sure I saved the HD picons mentioned at 8 bit. I've attached them here. These are 8 bit. Hope these work for you raz0r.

Regards,

snapman :)

@snapman just checked picon that I was having trouble they are all 32 bit, would that have caused the trouble I was getting with them not showing, I wonder if the older image can't handle they higher bit rate of 32 bit?

If they're 32 bit I don't think they show @Napster. All the ones I make are 8 bit. My Ph0tosh0p has been playing up since I updated to Wind0ws 8.1, so I'm wondering if my settings were changed and that's why they're 32 bit.

Regards,

snapman

If they're 32 bit I don't think they show @Napster. All the ones I make are 8 bit. My Ph0tosh0p has been playing up since I updated to Wind0ws 8.1, so I'm wondering if my settings were changed and that's why they're 32 bit.

Regards,

snapman

Cheers @snapman at least we got to bottom of the issue I was getting :)

mei.JPG

FULL SET

INSTALLATION:

UPGRADE:

AUTOMATIC UPDATES:

See:

Thats it your done!

TROUBLE SHOOTING:
find picons

Enjoy the Picons.

Spotted a new channel. @Rat e!+1 need a new picon for it m8 think it use to be called the style network

Think Snapman is on Holiday for a while Mate so you might need to live without that one for a week or so ;)

Back