Do you use your Superhub as a Modem?

I never paid any postage (technically I did according to my bill but it was immediately re-credited to my account) as I told them I was unhappy with wireless reliability on SH1, they seemed quite prepared to send it for free as long as I did a self-install. SH2 though it still has issues is miles better than SH1 in my opinion.
HH.

Yes thats what I did. First of all they said they would courier it as it could be self-installed then said sorry because of my area the engineer would have to come as well. Reading the VM forums, most people did it themselves. I also asked if I could get an early upgrade from 120 to the new 152 which they did free of charge. Currently getting 160meg download speeds using ethernet.

Thanks all, some good information in this post.

So basically if you pay for the postage they WILL send you the superhub 2 ?

Regards
Mick

Sometimes, they can be funny if you have a superhub 1 already but push them for it. They have been know to replace SH1 with SH1 even after it 'breaks'. Only way to find out is to ask.

Still stuck with the paphub1 and I gave up on router mode a while back now :)
Just use it in modem mode now ended up buying an Apple Airport Extreme to make up for the naffness of the SuperHub :D

rang late yesterday and the foreign call center guy told me I'd have to pay £20 courier for the superhub 2 or buy a powerline adapter (homeplugs)... helpful barstewards!!

I think if you call late afternoon/early evening you get the UK call centre. Just keep calling back until you get a good response.

Never had any confidence in my SH1 when online gaming. Once I switched it to modem mode the 5-10 sec lag spikes during every few games of COD disappeared.

Have the so called SH2 and think the wireless is chronic. Use it as router only and much more stable and significantly improved range.

Hi mate, using my superhub 2 as a router. No problems with Ethernet or wireless speeds

Back