DM800SE AND USB problem

Hmmm
When you made a backup the other day where did you save it too ?

Sent from my iPhone

are you running the gp2 flashbackup program ?

It looks like your running it and aborting it ?

I think that's just the plugin being started/initialised, in between there are messages from CrossEPG (EPGC) etc... no idea why it puts out 2 messages?

Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone

I've never ever done a backup but wouldn't it be around 43+mb in size? Unless the backup started, filled the flash up then aborted?

yes mate thats right
I know it wouldn't all fit on internal but maybe part of it has and stopped ?

Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone

Hi

To the hard drive m8, and them copied it to laptop, only every made one backup

Ian I think I might of got his problem mate

you had troubles showing picons on the duo and you said it was the path in glass skin ? where was this ?

Ian I think I might of got his problem mate

you had troubles showing picons on the duo and you said it was the path in glass skin ? where was this ?

In the glass setup menu somewhere m8. cant look just now. Wifes watching the fat gypo wedding thingy

I cant look either, my wifes watching something pmsl
tomorrows another day ;)
lol

it just dawned on me about the glass skin has its own menu and picon paths etc

Last edited:
Menu, setup, setup glass16, press 5 to check picon path and change if needed

;)

Sent from my iPhone

checked that and its set ok in image, so i pluged in 16gb stick initialize it, tried a reboot before i put anything on it and got the same green screen and just sits there have to switch it off at back to get it to reboot.

EDIT: just tried an other USB stick same size and it does the same green screen on reboot so its not the sticks

Last edited:
:err: well that didn't work then lol

I still think you need to get the free space back on the flash as that will cause no end of problems.

I had problems alot the first time i tried to mount my usb stick. But what i do now when i wanna change the stick is copy the files to my desk top from the working stick then just drag dem over to my new usb dont know if that can help anyone.

you are right m8 but i dont know what to remove and what to keep

As I said before the first areas you need to check are the mount points for your usb and hdd, so /media/usb and /media/hdd

Within DCC. go to Telnet and then type the command 'mount' this will show you what is mounted including your hdd and usb. Then type the command 'umount /media/usb' this will unmount the usb stick, hopefully. Then within DCC select FTP and browse to /media/usb and check to see if there are any files/folders present, if there are then either delete them ot what I would do is copy then across to my PC/laptop, just in case.

Then repeat the above for your hdd, so 'umount /media/hdd' then check the folder /media/hdd, remove or copy and files/folders.

I'd then reboot the box and confirm via the 'mount' command that the usb and hdd have correctly been mounted.

If for some reason the umount command doesn't work or comes back with an error then type the command 'init 4' to stop enigma2 before unmounting and cleaning, then reboot.

Any question, fire away :)

EDIT: I'm assuming here that you may have files/folders copied into the mount point folders, if you find nothing under them then I think it'll be reflash time

Last edited:
Stop messing about and just reflash the box, it's not a lot different to your old dm600.
You have filled up your flash memory so you can't expect the box to stay stable.
delete the files (not a hope) or reflash a new image are your 2 options.

Back