DM800SE AND USB problem

Ok chaps update for you I have got round to reflashing my image and all green screen crashes have gone, but I still can't get my 16gb USB stick to work if you look at old 4gb and 16gb they are setup the same, I can get epg working on it but not picon this has to be something daft, or could it be the old DBuk 1.1 image could that be the issue, added screen shot of 16gb stick after its been added to box. look at circled bit why does it do this.

Please help :)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Napster, that just the allocation unit size i.e. data is written in chunks or allocation units, that describes the size of each chunk. So even if only 1 byte of data is written, that 1 byte of data will occupy 8192 bytes. The size of the allocation unit will vary depending on the total size of the stick so you'll probably find that your 4gb stick will have a smaller allocation unit size.

Napster, that just the allocation unit size i.e. data is written in chunks or allocation units, that describes the size of each chunk. So even if only 1 byte of data is written, that 1 byte of data will occupy 8192 bytes. The size of the allocation unit will vary depending on the total size of the stick so you'll probably find that your 4gb stick will have a smaller allocation unit size.

hi

the 4gb stick is in 32 kilobytes thats the bit that confuses me, anyway to get this 16gb stick to work correctly m8, its driving me and rat nuts because i keep ringing him :)

So when you plug the stick in, if you then go into the Setup, System, then Harddisk menu does the stick appear there? If it does then have you tried initialising it in there?

Have you tried mounting it from the DBUK menu when you press the blue button?

Have you tried mounting it from the DBUK menu when you press the blue button?

No m8 I haven't tried that, just pluged it in and initialised it through system setup! Then copied over picons to it

Last edited:
No m8 I haven't tried that just pluged it in and initialised it through system setup

Its worth a try m8,also some reports say using a usb hub can help as well,if you have one lying around :)

So when you plug the stick in, if you then go into the Setup, System, then Harddisk menu does the stick appear there? If it does then have you tried initialising it in there?

Yes m8 done all that and I have to reboot for it to show up then it's there just not reading picon from it, epg works

Last edited:
Yes m8 done all that and I have to reboot for it to show up then it's there just not reading picon from it, epg works

Ok so epg works but picons dont?????
Is it rats picons you are using m8?

Jesus thats a bit strange m8,have you tried downloading the ones from the DBUK blue button menu?

ok morning report done everything you chaps has suggested and still the bloody same, even when i download dbuk picons it didn't show them but i think that maybe the picon path and wasn't sure what to change it to, its set to media/usb/picon and in glass skin its set to media/usb, dont know what else to try aprt from newer image.

I advised you change the skin Martin to rule out it was glass skin making any changes
have you done that ?

Back