dm8000 clone ?

mickbrush

Inactive User
Reaction score
Vu+ duo

Is this receiver a DM 8000 clone Marusys VU+ DUO Twin Tuner I have done a little searching on google and found that it supports DM8000 images and cccam.

Think im gonna order one and have a play.

its also got a PLI beta image of its own.

Last edited:
Looks good although the tuners are soldered to the board :(

If you take the plunge please report back your thoughts. Looks an interesting box for the money

I taken the plunge and ordered one too :)

Btw they're not a DM8000 clone, they're fully open source, they legally run enigma 2, pli have started nightly openpli builds, it supports cccam 2.1.3 and runs the same chipset as a DM8000. Another plus point is that it don't cost much more than a DM800 :)

Last edited:
The best price I can find is £409 including postage can anyone find it cheaper ?.

Hi Guys

I,ve had a look at these as well and i must say they look quite good for
the money, but the Dm8000 still out specs it by miles and miles. Also on
some of the other forums, they are saying that its not fully compatable
with cccam and has problems with other images. One to keep an eye on.

It would be nice to see what the other members think !

fezzy

Hi Guys

I,ve had a look at these as well and i must say they look quite good for
the money, but the Dm8000 still out specs it by miles and miles. Also on
some of the other forums, they are saying that its not fully compatable
with cccam and has problems with other images. One to keep an eye on.

It would be nice to see what the other members think !

fezzy

I think the only way the 8000 outspecs it is the 2 extra tuners and the ability to have a dvd drive. If you just want a dual tuner open source engima 2 box I think this is it. Regards cccam I read that 2.1.3 works fine.

I think the only way the 8000 outspecs it is the 2 extra tuners and the ability to have a dvd drive. If you just want a dual tuner open source engima 2 box I think this is it. Regards cccam I read that 2.1.3 works fine.

Agreed. All most people want is a twin tuner pvr that will cs with the white card via ethernet port.

Just a thought. Would a smargo be compatible with this box? If not it's not worth investing really.

s73r1865.jpg

s73r1849.jpg

s73r1851.jpg

s73r1853.jpg

s73r1856.jpg

Alright mate, fancy seeing you on this forum!

So hows the new toy? Better than the dm800? Hope not as ive only just purchased my dm800!:proud:

dreambox is the different class i been using DM for 10 years and will never use any other recievers

Then I would wish you luck finding a twin tuner hd dreambox good for cs for £400. Personally I wouldn't spend the £900 that dream want on ANY tv receiver.

Look forward to seeing a review on this. Really interested in this as I know a load of others are. Anyone know if you can stream MKV files to it?

Last edited:
Anyone have one of these bad boys up and running? Just fits the spec of what im after.

@thfccambs - Thanks for the images....So Spurs Fan? COYS...! Liverpool and Leeds ;-) should be good games.

let us know how you get on with this reciever. Cheers fella.

Ths quick and short is....

wanna get in to the sat scene...will have a motorised setup...want to cs as a client...2 sat tuners(to record and watch at the sametime)...HD....and PVR.

Was suggested the icecrypt S4000 by someone...but then heard about this box. Just looking for the box to be stable and no performance issues really.

Thanks in advance.

Back