dm8000 clone ?

Sicilian - If you can check that it can stream MKV that would be good but other than that, im looking for the same as Bob really!

Couldnt wait all.....just purchased a VU+ duo...Im a newbie to this so this is going to be fun...

Im even going one step futher and going to hang my own dish.. God help me.. lol

C'mon guys how about a review on this box then. I'm looking forward to hearing peoples views on this one.

Mate, i have got my box...but no dish. doh! guys had run out of the brackets. Should be setup on the weekend.

I am a newbie and not sue what i am doing. But hey, will give it a go...

btw..... COYS...Bale Modric Thud had a cracking game last night.

Too right. Wish he'd start using keane instead of that lanky twat though.

lol... Sometimes he is just to clumsy...Makes me scream at the TV alot.

But hey...good result. Now to get back on to the topic of this thread lol :)

Just set this box up installed pli image from usb stick in about 1 min downloaded cccam and had everything running in about 2 mins and can report that this box appears to be the dogs bollox. only prob is im not the biggest fan of pli images and have not got my head round it yet so will report back later. I am trying to sort out the epg first then will put the tuners to the test recording a couple of channels at once.

@mickbrush - I am a total newb to this matie....

How would you sort out your channel listing. From what i understand the channels are in one long list. Do you have to tidy it yourself? What do you use? If someone then has already done it...Are they able to share a file for instance that can be applied to other users of the box?

Agree...although my first reciever that it is built well and first impressions are good.

Bob

Sorry guys, been to busy playing with this fantastic receiver :)

Will post back later with more details.

Cheers sicilian...Look forward to hearing your view on this beast. Please let us know what image you are using...How you are setup...and any other good to know info.

Ok here's my review so far for the VU+ Duo.

I purchased mine from this UK supplier VU+ Plus DUO Twin Tuner HD PVR DVB-S2 Satellite Receiver Enigma2 Open So Sat-Shop.co.uk Online Satellite and Electronics Store from Lavatronics

When I first received it I was already impressed with the packaging, instructions, the feel of the remote and the quality feel of the receiver.

Next step I connected to TV to test with the original factory image. All was good so I proceeded to flash the receiver with the latest OpenPLi nightly beta builds.

Flashing the receiver with a usb stick is an absolute doddle! See guide here: -

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

On-reboot the initial setup screens are just like a Dreambox, set your tv output, in my case DVI, set-up tuner configs, parental control etc..Eventually you get to a blank bouquet.

Once setup I ftp'ed standard Enigma 2 settings to the receiver and reloaded channel lists.

Picture quality of both SD & HD definition is fantastic! SD channels display better than my Sky+ HD receiver :)

Next I powered off and installed a 500GB HDD and tested recording, all worked great. I've got two satellite dishes hooked up to it, one on a rotor and one fixed to Astra2. To test I actually managed to get this baby to record two HD channels and one SD channel whilst watching a fourth channel! :)

In the PLi download menu you'll plenty of the usual standard Engima 2 downloads. CCcam can be installed from there and there's also a handy XMLTV EPG plugin for 7 day EPG. CCcam 2.1.3 works perfect :)

Overall I'm really pleased with the VU+ Duo, although there's a few bugs, beings as its new hardware. The worst bug I've found so far is not being able to get MGcamd 1.31 to work, for reason the box freezes when it's enabled.

I tried to attach a zip file of photos but just kept timing out.

Sounds good mate, could be my next investment, Linux plus two tuners, CCCam and PVR for under £400.00, just what I'm looking for.
Many thanks for the review.

Regards Finearrow

Couldn't we hack nabilosat images to work on these boxes?

I think there is now a section for this receiver on the Nabilosat forums.

looks great thinking off getting bit early waiting for more feedback on it

Atm theres a choice of the Original images, VTI team image (due to release a new image very soon) and the openpli nightly builds.

@sicilian - what image are you using at the moment? Which one do you recommend...

You say "Once setup I ftp'ed standard Enigma 2 settings to the receiver and reloaded channel lists" is this a file you just upload to a particular location..? Is this a list or file that you can share? Assuming the same image is used.

Cheers in advance and thanks for the review. Thanks on its way.

Back