DM800 original vs. clone

OK guys, my DM800HD clone is up and running installed a 250gb Seagate Hard Disc.
- It is indeed SIM2.01 and SS76 as advertised.
- Stuck on latest patched DreamElite image really easy and fast to flash. Boot up time is slow in comparison to E1 imags this is to be expected though.
- CCCAM 2.1.4 installed and working fine on my cline. scanneed 28.2E and all good.
- DreamElite image is very nice indeed...much betetr than the Gemini crap that was preinstalled.

NOW...the not so good bit, HD chanells, there is indeed glitching and lowish SNR on a few of them, Discovery, ESPN, Sky Sports 1 HD..

BUT...I already had a 18db inline booster lying around, stuck this on the feed and it's all good glitching is cured...on ALL HD channels including Discovery.

Will have test over a longer period to confirm, but looking good so far..Just have to get the EPG set up now.

B16 MCC bouquets have already beem stuck on...Looking at an annoying issue with my TV as well a old TECO 32" LCD, never used the HDMI before, ...doesnt seem to be taking HDMI signal from the DM800...so im using scart at the minute.

XBOX360 works fine at 720p and 1080i via component...got a feeling the TV needs a firmware upgrade....

mine went HK,..Germany...UK (departed) should have it here(dublin) on monday,..can you PM me the link to that image you mentioned,..I'm running the BL72 version of DreamElite BH on my own box,..this BL76 box is for a family member....thanks BTW ebuyer.com are doing some nice 37" Full HD tv's if your looking to upgrade....don't get a samsung,..power boards are dodgy.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. I would always have recommended Samsung otherwise! I'd probably go for an LG then. Saying this, your protected by the sales of goods act any way :D

If I needed an upgrade, I'd be really tempted by LED TV's, but not by "3D ready TV's"-as they are a waste of money at the moment

Thanks for that. I would always have recommended Samsung otherwise! I'd probably go for an LG then. Saying this, your protected by the sales of goods act any way :D

If I needed an upgrade, I'd be really tempted by LED TV's, but not by "3D ready TV's"-as they are a waste of money at the moment
The power supplys on the samsung tend to go after 2 years so it's out of warranty,.samsung won't admit there is a issue but it's well known as you can buy a repair kit & instructions on ebay for £12,..The Foehn & Hirsch tv's are ebuyers own brand,..2 family members have them & the quality is great,...3 years warranty.

Well in that case,get something other than Samsung. You are protected by the SOGA but that would probably mean going to court

Has anyone had any dealings with either
Lee T or Shenzhen Jingkewang Technology Co., Ltd. on Alibaba?

I ask, as Shenzhen Jingkewang Technology Co., Ltd. seems to be about $20 more expensive than Lee T, but is not as well known as Yao Xin

Lee T is completely new
Lee T's price is currently $178.88 delivered and Jingkewang's price is currently $195.77

YaoXin are continuing to sell theirs at a further $20 more at $219 with free shipping. Whilst Yao Xin has a lot more rep, it would be nice to know if any one has used any of the new boys

Back