DM800 Glitchy HD channels!

right after much fecking about i have decided i need a new edge connector that the tuner module plugs into - anyone know which it is or what its called and how many ways etc etc

ta

I know that for blade servers, the slots that allow 90 degree connections into a pci slot are called "risers" not to sure how relevant this is to the 90 degree tuner thing your after, but hey-ho!

hi guys, i have a clone from bct, and i was using scart till yest when the scart socet broke down and connected the hdmi cable now and realised that hd channels are glitch as if the sat was touch of a point off but its 98% and all perfect it seems as if its the tuner as everyone else is having this issue what is the cause and whats the best solution and has anyone fixed this problem if so how?

Click the link finearrow has posted above your post and read it
some members say just changing the c1 capicitor has fixed the glitching issue

@Fergalsworld

No min spend, order came to about £3.50 and I bought double what I need to allow for feck ups! Can't remember any postage options when checking out either which suprised me as I was waiting for something like £5 P&P!!

Ordered from farnell.co.uk

sorry to hijack thread but i'm looking to do the recommended mods to my REV.J tuner.
problem is when i try and order from farnell it states minimum spend £20 and only gives payment options of trade account or corporate credit card. I am doing something wrong in th ordering process or is this correct and £20 is minimum spend?

cheers

sorry to hijack thread but i'm looking to do the recommended mods to my REV.J tuner.
problem is when i try and order from farnell it states minimum spend £20 and only gives payment options of trade account or corporate credit card. I am doing something wrong in th ordering process or is this correct and £20 is minimum spend?

cheers

Seems they have changed there policy now, tried it the other day and saw the £20 min spend...

What bits you after, I have the the Q1, Q2 and Q3's spare if you need them and a cap?

Last edited:
Seems they have changed there policy now, tried it the other day and saw the £20 min spend...

What bits you after, I have the the Q1, Q2 and Q3's spare if you need them and a cap?

tried to PM u mate but couldn't do it, not sure if its something to do with the number of posts made?
I was after the cap and q's 1, 2 & 3. Let me know what u want for them mate and i will send money via paypal or bank transfer.

Cheers

Last edited:
tried to PM u mate but couldn't do it, not sure if its something to do with the number of posts made?
I was after the cap and q's 1, 2 & 3. Let me know what u want for them mate and i will send money via paypal or bank transfer.

Cheers

you can have them for nish, dont need them.

Dont know how I'm gonna get you address as I guess your right about the number of posts.

Are you a member of Datacave (PM me there - Cookie), dont want to put details here?

You can buy all the parts required from your local maplin. bought 2 of each cap fix (and some resistors for my 360 jtag) for under a £5 - For what its worth, the fix did not help my tuner glitch issues! i think the glitches are caused by tuner heat issues... waiting on some parts so i can cool my box.

was thinking of getting a dm800 clone, is this problem common with the dm800's

was thinking of getting a dm800 clone, is this problem common with the dm800's

Yup, but many people have found that a cheap (around £5) in-line amp from eBay has sorted the problem.

I'm waiting on mine to arrive, my HD channels are a nightmare, they seem to work for about an hour after I install a fresh image then they start to break up and eventually become unviewable - even though on most of the channels my Signal strngth is over 90% :err:

Maybe I need to go the other way and try to reduce my signal strength?

Yup, but many people have found that a cheap (around £5) in-line amp from eBay has sorted the problem.

I'm waiting on mine to arrive, my HD channels are a nightmare, they seem to work for about an hour after I install a fresh image then they start to break up and eventually become unviewable - even though on most of the channels my Signal strngth is over 90% :err:

Maybe I need to go the other way and try to reduce my signal strength?

can you update when you try the in-line amp, did you get your box off ebay

I got my box from Flickster-Bay.

;)

I'll let you know how I get one once the amp arrives.

so the dm800 would not make a good server

It'll be as good a server as any other Dreambox I'd imagine mate.

The problems lie with the tuners, not the network.

The Dm800 network port is also shit.

I told you they were nothing but bother :D

What you mean mate?

Not found any problems with the ethernet port, it seems to be working great.

And my earlier problems were down to one thing - me fiddling with things.

lol

you can have them for nish, dont need them.

Dont know how I'm gonna get you address as I guess your right about the number of posts.

Are you a member of Datacave (PM me there - Cookie), dont want to put details here?

Vinnie, thanks for those bits, got them through yesterday. Then realised i've left me soldering kit at work!!!!

Me being the impatient type its either go to work now nad get my kit or wait till tomorow and take my tuner with me?!?!?

Anyway i'll report back on effects of mods on my HD channels.
BTW i have noticed that the echo command mod does make a difference but doesn't seem to cure glitching totally

From the same post. You can see the transistors Q1, Q2 and Q3 underneath the writing where it says 'remove C1'.

FIX_Tuner_Rev_K_small.jpg

Let me know if you want a set of transistors and I can post them to ya....

Has anyone got the the maplins stock no. for this ?

Sold my clone ages ago and it had one fitted but the new one i have has not. There is another size to try as well if this does not work, anyone know the value ?

Cheers

Back