DM800 Glitchy HD channels!

ruddyrum

Inactive User
Reaction score
There have been numerous posts with regards to glitchy HD channels on DM800 clones and i have tried everything! From what I gather the channels that are affected also seem to differ between users.

When i first got the box, all worked well for a few months... now my worst 2 channels are Discovery HD & Disney HD (pretty much un-watchable) while channel 4 HD only has slight glitches (watchable but annoying) I recently returned from a 2 week holiday, where i had my box turned off and when i got back, i plugged it all in again, and bizarrely... no glitches!!! Just like when i first got the box... It worked for about 2-3 days and then it was as bad as ever...

I have now tried the 16v 1000uf capacitor fix, no luck - Tried the echo x > /proc... commands, still no luck! Just spoke to my re-seller, he now says i should try a 25v 1000uf capacitor!!! Will this make any difference? I doubt it somehow, as the 16v cap fix he recommended didn't do much!

It Would be nice to know who has experienced Glitches on their clones, and what channels were/are affected. Would also be great to find out what tuner Revs you have and if you managed to get it sorted, what fix did you use?

There have been numerous posts with regards to glitchy HD channels on DM800 clones and i have tried everything! From what I gather the channels that are affected also seem to differ between users.

When i first got the box, all worked well for a few months... now my worst 2 channels are Discovery HD & Disney HD (pretty much un-watchable) while channel 4 HD only has slight glitches (watchable but annoying) I recently returned from a 2 week holiday, where i had my box turned off and when i got back, i plugged it all in again, and bizarrely... no glitches!!! Just like when i first got the box... It worked for about 2-3 days and then it was as bad as ever...

I have now tried the 16v 1000uf capacitor fix, no luck - Tried the echo x > /proc... commands, still no luck! Just spoke to my re-seller, he now says i should try a 25v 1000uf capacitor!!! Will this make any difference? I doubt it somehow, as the 16v cap fix he recommended didn't do much!
It Would be nice to know who has experienced Glitches on their clones, and what channels were/are affected. Would also be great to find out what tuner Revs you have and if you managed to get it sorted, what fix did you use?

Been thinking about this myself, old tuner packed in totaly so sent it back for a new one. New one works but no HD for about 10 - 15 mins after the box is booted up.
I heard i only need to change one cap and it will be fine but i might just take the plunge and buy an original tuner as its not worth the hassle of sending it back off WHEN it breaks again

tell you what i have noticed is after time the tuner does not sit correctly into the slot so i re-soldered the pads and hey presto no more glitching or tuner failed for me

i thought this problem was down to cs i had the problem on sly sports hd pic freezing but audio kept going but then i got a better share and the prob went ive only noticed the probelm again recently when my good share was offline and box connected to the original dodgy share.

tell you what i have noticed is after time the tuner does not sit correctly into the slot so i re-soldered the pads and hey presto no more glitching or tuner failed for me

Could you take a few pictures for us ?

i thought this problem was down to cs i had the problem on sly sports hd pic freezing but audio kept going but then i got a better share and the prob went ive only noticed the probelm again recently when my good share was offline and box connected to the original dodgy share.

Nah definitely the tuners...I'm hosting my own CCCAM server with ecm times sub 0.1600s and the issue still remains on both my 800 and my mates who is connecting to me...

Nah definitely the tuners...I'm hosting my own CCCAM server with ecm times sub 0.1600s and the issue still remains on both my 800 and my mates who is connecting to me...

The facts are, the tuners are clones.

Its not just a tuner issue its also a box issue IMO.

Something seriously up with the hardware.

Have you had a look at this post (you will have to register, basically you may need to change two of the transistors on the tuner): _http://www.8a8f8.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/3078/tuner_failed_glitching_no_HD_e

My box did suffer suffer from this but has settled down and may have been down to my peer, but I ordered the components from Farnell for around 3 quid delivered.

You can have them if you want to try?

Deffo a hardware problem with the tuners, first one stopped moving dish and getting signal about a day after it was put up, second needs a good warming before it picks up HD signal. Im gonna take the fan out first and if that doesn't work im going down the soldering route.

Wish me luck!

Its defiantly a hardware issue, as when using my local card, some HD channels still glitch! Im so annoyed as my re-seller keeps telling me it's a setup issue... i have tried 2 different boxes (one sky hd box and my mates legit dm800) and they all work fine! the guy who i bought my box from (tony) confirms its a tuner issue, and said i need to do the cap fix... so i did the cap fix, but funnily enough, it didn't work, so now now he says not the 16v cap fix, i should try and use a 25v capacitor!!! i told him that i think he's talking bollox, so now he wants me to send the box back, but that will put me £15 out of pocket for shipping, and i know i will just get another box that will work for 2 or 3 months and then fail again!!!

I would invest in an origianl tuner a.) if it works and is compatible with a clone b.) you can buy a legit tuner i.e. one that is not listed as a dm800 tuner which isn't a fake/clone!

Don't get me wrong, I am glad i bought a clone, as i only paid just under £174 for it (as opposed to £400 for an original) However it is annoying that the main channels i watch (discovery) can't be enjoyed in HD as its one of only 2 channels that glitch... Booooo! :frown:

Edit: had a look at that link above... Q1, Q2, Q3?!!? doesnt make much sense to me... any diagrams would be awesome :)

Last edited:
From the same post. You can see the transistors Q1, Q2 and Q3 underneath the writing where it says 'remove C1'.

FIX_Tuner_Rev_K_small.jpg

Let me know if you want a set of transistors and I can post them to ya....

Here is how to do em (not my work)
components from Farnell.co.uk
Q1 and Q2 affecting HD channels
Q3 affecting all strengh of signal
Q1 & Q2 Mosfet is: Si2301BDS-T1 " sot-23
Q3 is: NXP PMV31XN

Instructions:
Q1,Q2 and Q3 are easy to take off, just put your soldering iron on the single pin on the mosfet and while heating it up lift the mosfet with a flat head screwdriver. (I used the soldering iron itself)
Take the soldering iron away and while the mosfet still has the other 2 pins soldered to the board move the mosfet back and forth and it will snap the 2 pins.
Now remove the pin remains from the board with your soldering iron and make the solder contacts that are still there perfect for putting another mosfet in place.
Align the mosfet over the 3 solder pads and while holding the mosfet in place with tweezers (Or anything that you can use) Apply some solder to the single contact. Now you can remove your tweezers and solder the other 2 pins in place.

@vinnie is farnell still £20 minimum spend?

@ruddyrum have you tried your box on a fixed sly dish?

Last edited:
Try here mate, £52 delivered in UK.

It's from SatStore, so it's legit.
I take it you never read this on the page

PLEASE NOTE.
This tuner is only available when purchasing a receiver,
it is NOT available as a stand-alone item.
(I think the next line is a porkie)
This tuner will NOT repair a faulty "poor signal" clone box.
We do not supply parts or support for clone boxes.

Last edited:
I take it you never read this on the page
PLEASE NOTE.
This tuner is only available when purchasing a receiver,
it is NOT available as a stand-alone item.
We do not supply parts or support for clone boxes.

Oops, my bad, missed that bit!

Oh well, in that case, SMS, have them for £79 and he doesn't ask any questions.

@Fergalsworld

No min spend, order came to about £3.50 and I bought double what I need to allow for feck ups! Can't remember any postage options when checking out either which suprised me as I was waiting for something like £5 P&P!!

Ordered from farnell.co.uk

@ruddyrum have you tried your box on a fixed sly dish?

I never had one! I know the dish is defiantly setup correctly (28.2 about 96 strength) I have noticed though that most of my HD channels have an SNR of about 64-66, Disc HD only hase 57ish! That couldn't make that much difference though could it!

Read this with regards to DM800 heat issues causing the HD Glitches (would tie in with me going away and letting it cool down, and then having it working fine again... for a bit)

The cap fix illustrated above is the one which i did, and unfortunately didn't solve the issue!

(I think the next line is a porkie)

So you think a legit tuner (or the one mentioned above) will fix the issue?

Last edited by a moderator:
I never had one! I know the dish is defiantly setup correctly (28.2 about 96 strength) I have noticed though that most of my HD channels have an SNR of about 64-66, Disc HD only hase 57ish! That couldn't make that much difference though could it!

Read this with regards to DM800 heat issues causing the HD Glitches (would tie in with me going away and letting it cool down, and then having it working fine again... for a bit)

The cap fix illustrated above is the one which i did, and unfortunately didn't solve the issue!

So you think a legit tuner (or the one mentioned above) will fix the issue?

Without a doubt, its the tuners

ruddyrum i have got an original tuner in mine from satstore and it deffo works ok on all the Hd channels, the chinese tuner used to glitch like your saying but oddly would improve the hotter it got.READ HERE

I bought a 29p C1 capacitor from Farnell - they sent it out, then posted a separate invoice ??

Cost them more in stamps !!!

Back