dm500 with motor

knight

DW Member ++
Reaction score
is there a particular image that works with a dm500 with a motor, i have pli jade on mine and cant seem to get anything at all with my motor setup but i can get all FTA on my fixed dish

When you say you cant get anything,do you mean channels or will the motor not even move?

sounds like its not set up to me mate... have you set long and lat in box...

are you sure the dish is aligned properly...

i am new to this satellite stuff but i'm sure it is aligned properly started off with dish pointing to true south then went to 28.2 e and tried to fine tune but no joy also tried 26.2 e and 13 e nothing

i have followed the tutorial to the letter i'm 100 % sure it is setup correctly thats why i asked about images is there any one better than others for a motor setup?

Found this, might be of use to you

Try Nabilosat Darkstar II Exclusive, good image, though I'm not using a motor

Attachments

• Dreambox_500_For_Newbies_5.5.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
to be honest i think my dish is fooked i tried a new lnb no joy then i hooked up to an old sky dish and got all FTA channels but no motor think i need a new 90cm dish although i'm not sure that anything can go wrong with the dish itself it is quite old

My dish is ancient, just shoved a new LNB on and worked a treat, not sure if prob will be with dish wots sig strength when u move motor to 28, 19, etc??

My dish is ancient, just shoved a new LNB on and worked a treat, not sure if prob will be with dish wots sig strength when u move motor to 28, 19, etc??

its a constant 59% never changes even when the dish moves my sat finder gives a constant tone too even if i turn the dish. i took the dish off the motor and tried again no change dont know what else to try

if your not getting any signal while setting up the dish then either the lnb is goosed or your not lined up with the satellite correctly... is there a chance that the lnb boom has been bent too...Also check the coax and f-connectors...

if your not getting any signal while setting up the dish then either the lnb is goosed or your not lined up with the satellite correctly... is there a chance that the lnb boom has been bent too...Also check the coax and f-connectors...

everything exept the dish itself is brand new f plugs, cable, lnb etc: i do not have any problem lining up the old sky dish with any satellites !! anyway i have give up and put the motor up 4 sale pile of shite

Last edited:
the mrs just reminded me i gave the dish a coat of spray paint would this affect it in any way i'm at a loss as to what is wrong with this setup

u say u get fta on static
i take it its a different cable?
wats the agc when connected to both set ups?
on the motor if it fookall then u might have cut the strands on cable needed to power motor

Surely the motor is ok if its turning the Dish,
I would be looking at connections or cable to be honest.

u say u get fta on static
i take it its a different cable?
wats the agc when connected to both set ups?
on the motor if it fookall then u might have cut the strands on cable needed to power motor

the motor moves fine i have taken the motor off and tried it with static dish still nothing i have also tried a new cable still nothing thats what makes me think the dish itself is the problem it is very old its a 90cm mesh dish

mine is ancient mesh dish m8
have you done any of the following?

Set Long and Lat for your area?
set elevation? - i adjusted that and thats how i got picture
or even
cut all the little bits of wire off the end of each piece of ariel so that co- axel is nice and neat??

(don't do the last 1!!) i did that and you end up with shit signal!!

Back