Dish wont move back after sat scan?

sargie

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Im using the new vix image and ive just scanned a couple of sats and after the last one i exited half way through the scan and now my dish wont move. Ive tried a hard reset, ive checked my positioner setup etc. It will not move. I cant even move it manualy with the sat positioner setup. Ive just gone back and completed a full scan of the sat it's locked onto to see if that would fix it and it hasnt. Any ideas before i reflash?

Have you tried resetting the motor,or is it out of reach?

Have you tried resetting the motor,or is it out of reach?

No not tried that yet could get the ladder out if need be. I was hoping it would be software related as it was moving fine before the last scan.

Right well im having a right nightmare here. Been out drove motor to zero and pressed reset button. Came inside and used usals to drive motor to thor all good spot on. Drove it back to 28.2e east all good again good signal etc goes to put a channel on tune failed?

At this point ive tried a factory reset and a full reflash. Setup seems to be screwed all from doing a sat scan lol, what a total ball ache!

Are you using a channel list or scanning for them yourself?

Rats channel list. I can't scan as the dish wont move. Ive set it up fixed dish for now ill have a play again tomorrow at least ive got tv for tonight.

Rats channel list. I can't scan as the dish wont move. Ive set it up fixed dish for now ill have a play again tomorrow at least ive got tv for tonight.

I thought you got the dish moving again m8 sorry

Double check tuner configuration,update satellite.xml file and check connections,I'm just throwing things out there m8 as I dont have the box in question,
have you another box just to double check the dish/lnb/connections with?

rats channel list is configured for fixed @ 28.2, so if using that, the dish wont move

I did :)
and I scan all satellites with no problems :)

I have removed the crap from this thread as its not helping the OP at all

I have removed the crap from this thread as its not helping the OP at all

Lets see.

so a tutorial showing the OP how to create and transfer a satellites.xml file to his receiver to possibly fix his problem is crap ?, also showing the OP that there are two locations for the satellites.xml file and which is the best one to use is crap ?.

no wonder this forum has such a bad reputation amongst the satellite community with staff like this.

Lets see.

so a tutorial showing the OP how to create and transfer a satellites.xml file to his receiver to possibly fix his problem is crap ?, also showing the OP that there are two locations for the satellites.xml file and which is the best one to use is crap ?.

no wonder this forum has such a bad reputation amongst the satellite community with staff like this.

Shows how observant you are m8,

I meant the crap with the links and the digs about the links,

I'm trying to get this sorted once and for all and your obvious distaste for this forum is not helping

Lets see.

If you don't like the forum please shut the door on your way out

BTW I also speak my mind

Shows how observant you are m8,

I meant the crap with the links and the digs about the links,

I'm trying to get this sorted once and for all and your obvious distaste for this forum is not helping

Just got to love this place. I try to help some one with a genuine reply, and i still get ticked off from the "help". Well you'r welcome to it pal. no doubt i'll likely get banned for this but hey ho there you go.

Just got to love this place. I try to help some one with a genuine reply, and i still get ticked off from the "help". Well you'r welcome to it pal. no doubt i'll likely get banned for this but hey ho there you go.

look I am trying to be nice here,as I already explained it wasnt your "help" that I was talking about it was the crap that surfaces when you decide to put a link back to your forum,and yes I know it wasnt a direct link,but it was a link regardless,something I'm sure you dont allow on your site where your the "help",

As I said I'm in the process of trying to sortout all this "links" stuff and your not helping tbh.

Its the way you come across if I can offer an observation. You can be abrupt and direct as I've read in other posts

Most of the time it's not needed and its easier to keep things factual rather than sniping, whether you take the advice or not is up to you.

In terms of the .xml, Rat's update works perfectly and there are many users whom use it with a motorized dish, so technically there shouldn't be a need to update it (if we can get back to helping sargie)

Last edited:
Simplest thing to do here is to do as follows: -

1) Re-flash with latest Openvix build Suggesting re-flash as do not know what exact steps you've done.
2) Go though startup wizard ensuring to set the correct settings for each tuner.
3) Once wizard complete, double check your tuner settings are correct. I suggest using Simple > Postioner > Enter your longitude and latitude.
4) Exit out of all screens.
5) Hold down blue button to bring up plugins browser.
6) Green to download plugins.
7) Settings > Install Catseyes settings.
8) Reboot when complete

Receiver or image will not be a fault, this is a user setup error or a motor issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, why was the openvix coded link removed???

Think you guys need to sing off the same hymn sheet. One of your mod's even liked the post with link to download centre, not forum.

All a bit pathetic this. :grayno:

Well if anyone wants any support from us then I suggest read the ViX splash screen. Sorry but I wont be posting anymore if we can't even post a link to the openvix download centre. Chances are the op aint even on the latest build.

I went out of my way to post someone asked me to help :grayno:

Attachments

• dwpost.PNG
    dwpost.PNG
    116.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Sicilian, bit of a debate about links at the moment, previously we haven't allowed links out to external forums, or those that could be deemed competitive, much in the same way other sites do. Generally content (image, downloads etc) are hosted here to avoid dead links etc etc, so the expectation would be that if something has been posted the op keeps it up to date, Some coded links are allowed however (within reason)

It's been raised and being discussed. Sorry it ain't personal just need to get a decision on what we do.

Last edited:
Back