### DigitalWorldz Dream UK 1.6 (Enigma DM500) ###

mine work on a dbox2 my dream isn't available :(
will nick your files for when she gives me the dream back...

Thats the thing with these,the kids see you playin it then missus starts using it then the remote goes tits-up,boys n their toys....

At last managed to get dream recording on to pc. I had to format an old pc, make sure there was no virus or firewall software running.. And hey presto it's all working 100% Well done for the help all. Now its as easy as my dbox2 used to be:) One question

I placed 007 film in folder of shared PC (.vob files) and this plays back 100% on PC and also via dream inc sound

I placed another movie (rocky) in shared folder PC (.vob files) this plays back 100% with sound on PC but on Dream only plays picture 100% no sound...

Tried another 3 films and get the same but 007 still works 100% on both

Any ideas would be great... :)

At last managed to get dream recording on to pc. I had to format an old pc, make sure there was no virus or firewall software running.. And hey presto it's all working 100% Well done for the help all. Now its as easy as my dbox2 used to be:) One question

I placed 007 film in folder of shared PC (.vob files) and this plays back 100% on PC and also via dream inc sound

I placed another movie (rocky) in shared folder PC (.vob files) this plays back 100% with sound on PC but on Dream only plays picture 100% no sound...

Tried another 3 films and get the same but 007 still works 100% on both

Any ideas would be great... :)

Any options when you press the audio button?

Any options when you press the audio button?

Thanks for the reply m8

Audio option says the following

On the film that plays 100% it says

Stereo
Audio Track

On the films that play no sound it says

Stereo
Audio Track(AC3)

Cheers

Apparently it will play fine with 5.1 speakers plugged into the optical output.

http://www.sat-industry.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28363

Wiggy

thanks again. I see page 73 of the handbook mentions it.

One of these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TOSlink-OPTIC...yZ116850QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Is there not a way to encode the DVD file so it does not play in DOLBY as it seems if the DVD is in stereo then the dream can play it (page 6 . 4.9) and pass the sound onto your tv without having to use a optical cable through an amp... Has anyone else had this problems?

Last edited:
great image is running fine on my box

one thing which im not sure is a bug or my fault, but in the web interface, under mounts it keeps creating bogus mounts ie 1 every 5 seconds all called "bla" they have the mount dir for my correct mount but nothing else is correct and havea wierd ip "214.842.842.214" (mine is 10.0.0.2)

enclosed are pics of the web interface under mounts and also my real mount i set up in the comms menu on the box...

if i try to delete the errounious mounts it creats new ones straightaway i looked at the "mount.conf" file on the box which contains all these mounts except my real one.

any ideas?

I've never heard of that before Suicide.

I would have suggested reflashing but hopefully you've done that by now! :)

on latest DigitalWorldz UK 1.6.1. In the timer edit menu is record DVR used to set timer to use the direct record function? cheers

Thanks Wiggy,

Just flashed DigitalWorldz UK 1.6.1 and have just tried to delete Enigma folder via FTP to copy over my own but all I get is Failed [Unknown reason]

Any Ideas please

Try deleting the contents of the folder bit by bit and then copy your backup contents over. Or simply overwrite when you copy to the config folder.

If still no, might be a bad flash, try reflashing again.

Try deleting the contents of the folder bit by bit and then copy your backup contents over. Or simply overwrite when you copy to the config folder.

If still no, might be a bad flash, try reflashing again.

i have reflashed a number of times now, the only folder its stopping me from deleting is a shortcut calleds 'cable' . if i copy all of the other enigma files over it still doesn't pick up my bouquets:(. i might leave it until tomorrow so i can try with dreamup.

I'm new to the dreambox scene but to date I haven't had a problem with this image.

Cheers to the people that complied the image.

i have reflashed a number of times now, the only folder its stopping me from deleting is a shortcut calleds 'cable' . if i copy all of the other enigma files over it still doesn't pick up my bouquets:(. i might leave it until tomorrow so i can try with dreamup.

The link to cable goes straight back to the enigma folder if you delete it then you will have to copy over a cable folder, if your copy has the cable symlink then it will not copy as for some reason symlinks don't like to copy.

Just copy the files and say overwrite all.

personnaly I use dreamboxedit to sort and transfer my bouquets

hi m8
you could try bouquet wizard import your service and bouquets from your pc then export them to your box that way your only over writing the files you want to chang hope this helps.

or as ellie sugests dreambox edit iv not used it yet so cant comment
cheers johny48

Last edited:
cheers all I reflashed with dreamup and copied the files and said overwrite all. image now working 100%:)

Back