### DigitalWorldz Dream UK 1.6 (Enigma DM500) ###

hi i put this image on my box on sunday noticed a slight glich then ok for a few hour then again a slight glich so i put the old driver on and since i change from the new driver back to the old had no gliches could the problembe with the new driver set up inside the new images its be a long time since i had a glitch on any of my 3 boxs . i have run gemini 2.9 faultless on my second box for 6 mths .

Hi Just before christmas I bought a DB off the auction site and it already had an image on it. After the keyroll I had to reflash (with the help of all the posts on here), so a big thank you to every one... I then reflashed with 1.6. For me it has been very stable, so another thank you to the makers...
I do have one question I seem to have lost ABC, Bravo+1 and Challenge+1. None of these channels are overly important to me but was just wondering what the cause was and if anyone else had noticed this.

Only get channel codes when Editing bouquets

I tried to create and edit a bouquet on the box, and only got a service list to select from as opposed to a channel list.
How do I get round this problem?

Thanks in advance.

All the roms are in /var/keys, including rom 7.

Try replacing the emu with an older version.

I can't see anything in there? There is a folder called NAGRA_ROMS but seems to be empty. How do I change the emu/roms?

It should say something like nagrarom7, nagrarom3, nagrarom10, etc. Not at my box just now so can't check.

They should be there but if they're not, check in /var/scce.

You can select a different EMU by selecting EMU Selection from the Blue button menu.

I tried to create and edit a bouquet on the box, and only got a service list to select from as opposed to a channel list.
How do I get round this problem?

Thanks in advance.

There is a guide for setting up bouquets here.

Last edited by a moderator:
they are in /var/scce/ but I have no EMU menu from the blue button!

Ye that's the only think. It's only the bouquets that are locked/hidden. They are still in the All Services list.

When in All Services, you could highlight the channel and press MENU then DELETE and that would delete the channel altogether.

Although some oeple have reported that the channels come back after being deleted...like an auto scanning feature...apparently it's built into enigma.
Yeh,had noticed that too,that the channel re-appears again..Surely there has got to be a way to do so,like the old dbox did...The thing was after I had said about no probs with the dreambox,wake up tonight and noticed sports.movies n stuff not clearing..Setanat cleared fine but the rest wouldnt,rebooted a few times and nowt.Changed to mgcamd and cleared straight away,strange indeed!!

have now got round to putting this image on ,first impression it looks and sounds really good ,had to wait a couple of mins(which was nothing)for films to clear(they dont have give you a fright when they do come on lol)stability wise its been running since yesterday afternoon non stop so far no frezzing issues ,have noticed though is there autodetect in the a/v setting?have 16.9,letter box and 4.3 but no autodetect?this is a little thing ,picture quality is g8 scrolling between channels is fine like the fact you can change back to old tuner (which works for me by the way)and the good old blue button is back again a good thing havnt set up for recording yet but will get around to it

Excellent piece of work thank you folks :D
It will record fine using NasLite on an old PIII 700 @ 1GHz but playback is very blocky but that is prolly down to the fact my network is quite old (old slow switches/hubs).

I should have shut me mouth as since I posted up here that the DB has been running flawlessly,the bugger has only lost some sport.movie channels..The thing is Setanta clears fine and some others,tis strange.I changed it to mgmcamd and seemed ok but started to glitch now!!!
Could anyone confirm if it runs better with the old tuner or new tuner selected??

Last edited:
I can only use the new tuner driver.

some people report more stable with the old tuner driver on an old tuner box but then others with old tuners prefer the new tuner driver so play with both.

I can only use the new tuner driver.

some people report more stable with the old tuner driver on an old tuner box but then others with old tuners prefer the new tuner driver so play with both.
Yeh the missus was nipping my head there saying its flickering like mad,so changed to the old tuner and asking for service file..So just put it back to new tuner and smacker her a few times around the head and shes got the message...Nah,she just told me to sort the fecker: whip : lol
Am gonna try DF new came/emu later when shes off to bed,to see if thats any better..Thanks again:eater:

Here's a couple of older emu if others don't work. Older versions are still running ok on my dbox.

Cheers G,will give them a bash later n see if I can sort this fecker out..The thing is though,been running great til Thursday and now it chooses to play hardball..Must be the update has knocked it in some way

regarding direct recording - help needed please

hi guys,

great image so far, i see that i can set up a mount for direct recording, but can someone tell me the location on my harddrive (PC not NAS) where i will find the recordings.
can i create a dedicated share folder on my pc and use the location in the mount info, or is it a fixed location on my primary drive?

any ideas guys?

cheers

The directory on your PC can be called anything, i.e. Films, Movies, Recordings, etc. Just make sure you write it in the Server/Directory field exactly as it is in the mount settings. Set the Client Directory to /hdd/movie. If it's recording to a PC, set the filesystem type to 1: CIFS. If it's a NAS set it to 3: SMBFS/

There's now an updated UK 1.6 image in the download section.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/index.php?resources/1039/

Updated UK 1.6 to include the DVR option when setting a timer.

When viewing the epg, press YELLOW then GREEN then APPLY.

You should now see a yellow timer next to the scheduled program.

To cancel the timer...

Press MENU > TIMER then RED to remove.

Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back