### DigitalWorldz Dream UK 1.6 (Enigma DM500) ###

I've installed the latest DW UK 1.6 Updated image this mornign for the DVR record option from EPG but when I press the yellow button when in EPG nothing happens. If I press green then the usual record options are available but not DVR in the drop down menu.

Also noticed that the new image is actually smaller than the original image, is this correct ?

Is it something I am doing wrong ?

Thanks

Freezing badly here

Ill be going back to the original image i installed by gemini with this image i get freezing were as the box will freeze frame whatevers on tv for about 15 secs every now and then also every now and then the red and green led`s alternate flashing.: shocked2

I have been getting the freezing for 5-10 seconds on the latest Neutrino 0.8 image. I had assumed it was from the NTL issues from last week.

Neutrino 0.8 image i had frezzing problems and vanishing channels with the same image a guy on this forum says the rom was no turned on no sure if that solved the problems people were having

fraid not. I have the correct roms turned on.
But thanks anyway.

If the red and green leds are alternating then something is trying to record. Press the Blue button and select stop direct recording. If that doesn't fix it, telnet to the box do the following...

cd /tmp
touch /.ledflashoff

...(I think lol) it should go back to green only.

@simonk1969

When you press yellow, nothing happens, this is ok. Go to the epg that you are wanting to record, i.e. 4 hours from now on Sky1. Press Yellow then Green and the timer box will come up. The time and channel information should be ok, no need to change it. Now click Apply and you should see a yellow clock icon next to the program scheduled to record. The DVR option doesn't show in the pulldown box as it's not be writen into the code to do so. The fact that the timer icon is yellow and now green means that it's set ok.

Try it and see how it goes.

DevilFish

Followed your insturctions above to Direct Record from EPG.
But still get the following results :
Brought up the EPG, highlight the required program for recording as per attached document 'EPG Selection'.
Then press Yellow button, nothing appears to happen, press the Green button and the Timer Edit window appears as per attached document 'Timer Edit'.
Press Green button again to confirm to apply.
It then returns to the EPG with the yellow Clock on item to record as per attached image 'EPG Selected'.
Exit the EPG menu
However when the time comes to record the program it just switchs to the correct channel and doesn't start recording.
As mentioned previously Direct Recording works fine when started or stopped manually.

Is anyone else using the DW 1.6 Updated image and getting the same problem that I do in the above message ?

There's an updated 1.6.1 image now in the downloads which should allow you to see what's happening. Give it a try m8 and see if it's any better.

Installed the 1.6.1 this morning and had a quick test before I left for work and all appears to be working well now, give it a more thorough test this evening.

Thanks for a great image.

I know it sounds sad.. But has anyone got the game chess to work on this image? On the old dbox 2 you used to copy both .cfg and .so files to

/lib/tuxbox/plugins

This folder does not exist on the dream. Any ideas please .. Thanks

Possibly m8, never tried it myself! Try it without and if it doesn't work, chmod 755 it and try again.

O well m8.. tried both and all I get is a black screen when i try the game. Think I will just have to stick to connect 4.. lol

try extracting this putting it with the other 2 and chmod 755 it.
it's the dbox one but should work. my dream isn't near the computer tonight so can't test it.

Try these...

There are .tar.bz2 files here that can be installed onto the image but not sure how to do it without an addon plugin. You would copy it to the /tmp folder and there's probably a telnet command to install it but don't know what it is.

EDIT: Never seen your reply ellie

Last edited by a moderator:
try extracting this putting it with the other 2 and chmod 755 it.
it's the dbox one but should work. my dream isn't near the computer tonight so can't test it.

ellie1998
Tried these ones ellie1998 and still get black screen, thanks for trying m8

Devilfish

Just put your files in and they work straight away. Well done m8

Back