[Diffs] UK MODS

The strange thing is mate when i do a fresh compile downloading all the new bits without using the patch I still get the error message. I've not edited anything - I wouldn't know how

neutrino.cpp:5171:2: warning: #warning TODO: it might make some sense to have so me log-file (but where do we store this information? nfs/flash/ram?) that collec ts these messages and maybe a menu-entry to view the lasted XXX messages
neutrino.cpp:6231:2: warning: #warning TODO: reload LCD fonts, too
make[4]: *** [neutrino.o] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/ubuntu/tuxbox-cvs/apps/tuxbox/neutrino/src'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Was there more errors above that?

ellie m8 im starting to see why you did go off diffs belive me .
bloody things need updating every 5min . so ive decided to do edits manually.

Thanks guys sorry about posting in both threads - just determined to get it sorted. I'm gonna try and do a fresh compile from a fresh ubuntu.

just 1 last question before i give up. Are these the right commands to apply the patch and compile?

mkdir tuxbox-cvs

(Copy ukcvs13-03-2007.diff to home/ubuntu/tuxbox-cvs)

cd tuxbox-cvs

cvs -d [email protected]:/cvs/tuxbox -z3 co -f -r newmake -P .

patch -p1 < /home/ubuntu/tuxbox-cvs/ukcvs13-03-2007.diff

cd cdk

./autogen.sh

./configure --prefix=/home/ubuntu/tuxbox-cvs --with-cvsdir=/home/ubuntu/tuxbox-cvs --with-customizationsdir=/home/ubuntu/tuxbox-cvs/customization --enable-maintainer-mode --with-ucodesdir=/home/ubuntu/ucodes --enable-cdkVcInfo --enable-ide --with-checkImage=warn --with-defaultlocale=english --enable-samba

make clean flash-neutrino-jffs2-all

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm determined to get there.

off the top of my head that looks ok.

I have been thinking when you delete the tuxbox-cvs and started again did you have terminal open ?
If you did then you may well have been attempting to compile the one in the bin, make sure that you empty the bin and start a new terminal :)

Thanks ellie. I've put a fresh ubuntu on and tried applying the diffs but i spotted a failed part. So I'm trying a fresh with no patches I think i was trying again without deleting the trash tuxbox-cvs folder.
The main part I want is the extra settings in the dbox menu. Are there any patches knocking around with just this in?

I've tried applying the diffs to a clean CVS and get the following errors when compiling:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

I guess either some lines have been added to the neutrino.cpp or this is something to do with the IDE interface settings.

Are there any other diffs around to add the extras menu?

Are there any working diffs for current CVS? I just tried building with the 13-03 diffs and got bombed out with the same errors Phils_confused was getting - am doing a clean build now just to be sure that it wasnt me, but this hasnt been a problem before I tried adding diffs to the build...

If not one big package of diffs, are there smaller sets of working ones?

cheers

bob808

I found these posted by PT-1 on the Tuxbox forum, they add the option to hide menu's but don't add the extra's menu

Back