Difference between Linux and non Linux box

if you want a 500 go for the blade 500 . used lots of 500s clones yes lots are good but lots are poor
go for the blade 500s mate its a clone of the dm 500s but never had one fail yet
there about £10 more than most clones but worth the extra

Spiderbox is a great starter box for anyone just starting out, but its not linux. Why not go for a Eagle box, its linux
and is a DM clone. It does everything the DM does and has bags of support. I had the SD version and at the time
i thought it was the dogs bollo""s for learning linux and they have tons of support and for a clone thats very good.
I got so confident with the Eagle that when i upgraded i went straight upto the dm8000hd, which i still use now
and still learning they are brilliant, Expensive but the best reciever on the market by far. That did not stop me going
out and buying a Spiderbox. Its your choice m8

Fezzy

As a happy (apart from epg) sealion spiderbox owner I am curious to what benefits a linux box would give over my set up. I have no knowledge of linux so what exactly do the "images and add ons" do to the box thats different from my set up.

Thanks in advance.

linux box can be used as client and server also there are lots of images that can be use and lots more addons
little harder to use but if you used a dm500c then you will be used to ftp and so on into root of box
the blades and the openboxes are closed source software but can still be used as server (openbox)
the advantages of the closed source boxes are there a little easier to use and setup
but cant install any addons
its really down to what you want the box to do

Back