Satellite box with a sensitive tuner

extraspark

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was just wondering with all the different boxes out there, which box has a good sensitive tuner on it. I have used techomates in the past and found that they were pretty good in locating satellites.
I was just wondering that is all, as some of the linux ones i have used have not been as good as a non linux box. I have had issues with VU+ Duo original and solo box where it would not lock on to a sat yet my old techomate 5400 would.

Also how can you compare different boxes satellite strenghts etc. A blade box gives a different reading to a Techomate box, Vu Duo, Solo etc. (All on the same satellite setup)

Just wondered whether anyone could shed any light on this, as I read the thread regarding the Ultra Black and the VU Ultimo not getting on and yet the ICEcrypt Lnb boomed the signal in.

So if anybody could shed any light would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

I have tried many Linux receivers different brands VU,DM,Gigablue,TM etc... and also a lot of the closed source type ones as well again TM,Blade,Openbox,Skybox out of all the Linux based ones the best i found was the TM500super probably due to the fact that it had a Sharp tuner which at the time was supposedly the dogs danglies for tuner sensitivity IMHO it was it blew my Ultimo out of the water when trying to pick some of the fringe channels up on 7° west, I have to admit at the time though the Ultimo had not had the FPGA upgrade which the Uno did have so i assumed it was a problem with the tuners and not the receiver itself.

I have since owned a DrHD F15 which has now found a new home as i Upgraded to its newer bigger brother the DrHD Grand Triple, Now i love linux receivers and what they can offer and i still have an Uno just to keep my hand in so to speak but for Tuner sensitivity i have found with tests that nothing can touch the DrHD brand, the DrHD is also 2 other clones the TM5402HD and the Blade7000 but i dont know if its the firmware that is written for the box or not but the DrHD are slightly better than its other cloned brothers. Its a real DX'ers box with a built in spectrum analyser for fine tweaking those hard to get fringe channels.

Here is the downside all support for the DrHD is in russian not really a problem as you soon get the hang of how it all works and the patch and the ADDON are identical to the 5402 so no problem there, Just one thing to bear in mind as you are probably aware having owned the 5400 dont expect Linux features, But as a good friend would say as a 'Faffing' box its hard to beat

Thanks digi 247 as Manic says excellant reading, will have to learn russian then!

I have tried many Linux receivers different brands VU,DM,Gigablue,TM etc... and also a lot of the closed source type ones as well again TM,Blade,Openbox,Skybox out of all the Linux based ones the best i found was the TM500super probably due to the fact that it had a Sharp tuner which at the time was supposedly the dogs danglies for tuner sensitivity IMHO it was it blew my Ultimo out of the water when trying to pick some of the fringe channels up on 7° west, I have to admit at the time though the Ultimo had not had the FPGA upgrade which the Uno did have so i assumed it was a problem with the tuners and not the receiver itself.

I have since owned a DrHD F15 which has now found a new home as i Upgraded to its newer bigger brother the DrHD Grand Triple, Now i love linux receivers and what they can offer and i still have an Uno just to keep my hand in so to speak but for Tuner sensitivity i have found with tests that nothing can touch the DrHD brand, the DrHD is also 2 other clones the TM5402HD and the Blade7000 but i dont know if its the firmware that is written for the box or not but the DrHD are slightly better than its other cloned brothers. Its a real DX'ers box with a built in spectrum analyser for fine tweaking those hard to get fringe channels.

Here is the downside all support for the DrHD is in russian not really a problem as you soon get the hang of how it all works and the patch and the ADDON are identical to the 5402 so no problem there, Just one thing to bear in mind as you are probably aware having owned the 5400 dont expect Linux features, But as a good friend would say as a 'Faffing' box its hard to beat

is that box suppose to be really good for feed hunting?

Back