Did I read about new sky security last night or was it a dream?

all rumours m8....everythings just fine

Most servers' card entitlements will run for a while yet, its when the entitlements need updating and the update is pushed out fully across that you'll see servers dropping like flys unless a fix is found.

Interesting:

From another forum:

if you update in original stb then it wont work on premium channels(movies and sports) when inserted into a dreambox for example, this is tested by a mate in 2x amstrad HD stb's but has not been killed when updated in thomson non HD stb.

paulsta.......

Has anyone taken an update via CCcam since this started or is it not possible to update unless in an official box?

Lol I think zad is joking guys :)

This thread will be in danger of closure so pleaaase keep the posts informative and not just begging for a fix as its a hot topic and deserves a thread :)

LOL sorry my bad I won't mention the new hack again... but google is your friend.

oh and its ZAD not feckin ZACK!!!

Lol I think zad is joking guys :)

This thread will be in danger of closure so pleaaase keep the posts informative and not just begging for a fix as its a hot topic and deserves a thread :)

I wasnt refering to zack :D as I knew he was joking ;)

i have deleted the joke and the reply as google will send folk to this thread in their droves soon lol

Thanks for putting the thread back, at least I've had chance to read it all now. This is going to create a big ruffle in the coming months. Stb suppliers like TM must be gutted having shifted so many boxes over last few years on the back of cs.

all receiver suppliers, sell receivers as FTA or to work WITH a valid viewing card. any supplier selling receivers pre configured for CS, like all of the ebay ones 'with 1 year gift' etc, i hope every single one of them gets taken to the cleaners, as its the ar$eclowns like that who killed what was once a proper hobby

like with the cable 'fix' this will now go completley underground and end up on more pre configured boxes like the kryptview etc has gone. all youll now read about is rumours of fixes, and 'my m8 did this to his card' etc

this is just the first stage of countermeasures, you can bet on it that the people at sly and ND$ already have the next 3 or 4 lined up in case this one is worked around

move on to a dodgy IPTV based system, or take out a valid subscription, cos screens are going to go black

dark skies are coming!!! i for one wont continue paying nearly £80 a month for adverts and repeats. time for a foreign based card its just a case of which ones best VFM. personally i think theres enough with fta,biss,softcams and feeds if you have a big dish and like most of us i dont even watch the countless packages its just opening them for opening them,s sake,regards mdt

ye agree all i want is sports everything else can be got elsewhere

yep, and this takes it back to 'the hobby', its nothing to do with WATCHING the channel, just receiving it, if you want uninterrupted viewing, then take out a subscription

ain't got time to watch either but when i do, s4t.bg for me, plenty of 'sport' there!

move on to a dodgy IPTV based system, or take out a valid subscription, cos screens are going to go black[/QUOTE] Anyone recommend a good one ?

Looks like they are upping a gear! Installed a hd box about 2 weeks ago. Client bought via ebay. I installed and then client phoned in to pair. Sky initially refused to pair as stb was still under original 12 month contract. I've come across this a few times and sky have always refused to pair up a box that's still in the 1st year. As its not been paid for. But not this time. Put us on hold briefly then came back telling us he'd bypassed the system. Pairing as usual was immediate.

Today called out to add an extra if feed to multiroom box coz they've upgraded to hd on multiroom. When I got there it was an old couple. They had received the new free upgrade out of the blue. They had not requested it. Sky also gave them a wifi dongle foc, again without request! Thing is, the old dears don't even have an internet connection! Finally, a letter that came with the new stb requested that they return the old box to sky with 2 free return options to choose from. The letter stressed how keen they were to recycle their old THOMPSON box! Thing is it was an old single feed Grundig box. Looks like the end will come quicker than we thought!

Edit: Forgot to mention the client already has hd box as main box, BUT, does not have HD pack in their sub!

Last edited:
Back