dflash problems

bearbear

Reaction score
Was wondering if you could help with the problem i am having with dflash , My other half could not get the box to load up so had to flash a new image its the estar open pli 4.0 - dm 800 se oe 2.0 , When i open up dflash and try to flash the last good image i saved it is coming back with something like no nfi image found and wont re flash , but on my hard drive there is at least 9 images there all numbered 1 to 9 then there is one with a green button beside it and one with a red button beside it the green one seems to be the latest one i backed up with the dflash but still comes up as no nfi file.
Is there a way i can get the last good copy to work as i am away from home just now and would like to get it set up again ok for my wife .

Was wondering if you could help with the problem i am having with dflash , My other half could not get the box to load up so had to flash a new image its the estar open pli 4.0 - dm 800 se oe 2.0 , When i open up dflash and try to flash the last good image i saved it is coming back with something like no nfi image found and wont re flash , but on my hard drive there is at least 9 images there all numbered 1 to 9 then there is one with a green button beside it and one with a red button beside it the green one seems to be the latest one i backed up with the dflash but still comes up as no nfi file.
Is there a way i can get the last good copy to work as i am away from home just now and would like to get it set up again ok for my wife .

Just flash the backup again via the normal method by browser, talk your wife through it or install teamviewer and don it for her from a PC where you are now.

cheers it all went wrong when she pushed the update in the menu for some reason and messed up everything and it also would,nt boot up i was talking her through it last night over skype ,managed to get the image you made working ,got sealions working etc with dcc then she even managed to upload channel list using dreamset so now it works so she can watch all the hd channels etc so i thought i could then use dflash to reflash one of the backup copies i made as everything was working perfect but when i got her to click flash it comes up with the list of backups but couldnt find nfi file for any of them
So in theory if i open dcc go to hdd file and find my latest backup save it in my documents then i could reflash it using webrowser and it should work ok lol

of topic, But has anyone flashed there box via dflash just wondering how it works does it do the job OK and how long does it take.

of topic, But has anyone flashed there box via dflash just wondering how it works does it do the job OK and how long does it take.

Only tried it once and it didnt work that was back around version 10.

I dont see any advantage in using dflash to flash with, browser just as quick and safer in my opionion.

:goodpost:

Agreed, flash with web browser, Dflash backs up everything so you only need to flash once (depending if you have correct ssl)
imo quickest and safest way

Only tried it once and it didnt work that was back around version 10.

I dont see any advantage in using dflash to flash with, browser just as quick and safer in my opionion.

that's all I needed to know ferret thank you for the reply.

ok cheers next time im in yorkshire i will have to buy you a pint or two lol

mixed response with using dflash

as above mate browser fastest easiest way forward

Only reason I ask is because when I do have to reflash the Brower never connects, have to reboot box, then the router, follow by laptop and if I'm lucky it connects, if not have to do it all over again. :(

Just flashed from an OpenPli 4.0 image to an OpenATV image using dflash v12.0.16 and then flashed back from OpenATV to OpenPli 4.0 using dflash v9.40 ;)

v12.0.16 was what was installed on the OpenPli image,and v9.40 was installed on the OpenATV image

what browser?

never fails me may take few minutes

IE 11 m8 I think its the virgin router m8 allways have to reboot everything for me to flash, after that its fine untill next time, not a big issue try not to flash to aften

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

for me thats the beauty of the hobby

nothing a given

what works for some

fails for others

Just to bring you up to speed got the mrs to copy my last back up from the hdd and saved it then reflashed with web browser and now its all back to normal everything back the way it was ,
just like to say a big thanks for all the help i received and keep up the good work

Back