Dead Kryptview ?

ctsw2001

Inactive User
Reaction score
Looking for some assitance here. I've been using my Kryptview A780 since April 2011 without any problems but with the constant glitching I decided to sell it last week on Ebay.

So with it working fine it was despatched only for the chap to say he couldn't get it to work and he's now sent it back.

So when I now switch it on I can't get any Network IDs for my area and the signal strength is o even when I know it's a good line I've always had.

So done about 10 rest to defaults and it makes no difference. I've got at the back of my mind the the box has been switched for a faulty onebut that's my fault for not taking a note of the serial number.

Any ideas or am I flogging a donkey here.

have u tried connecting it direct to the modem and rebooting the modem before the box ect?
maybe try reflashing it or updating the fw?

make sure if flashing you use the same file for 780 for 780 as there are 2 different models of kv boxes and each have their own firmware,flash the box with null modem cable and pc with xp only,as i have seen others done with usb and adapter and not working.current firmware is 24042011

I've got a null modem cable but always updated via the network connection. Had a quick look in the cables section but where's the flash software link (sorry)

Some screen dumps too (in reverse order)

Attachments

• 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    27.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    23.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    28 KB · Views: 1
  • 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
the only reason i stated as if its a different box with unknown file that is why i did say use the null modem way and then you know its done correctly.file also added to downloads for the 780.

Still no joy, keep getting "downloading not requested" when trying to force the BIN on

if your firmware is 24042011, which it should be if you have had it after april, going by your thumbnails, when you are on auto search, i think you are clicking on network [ok] instead of scrolling across then open up and select ntl , then green button, search , should be ok then

This is doing my head in. Tried with 2 different laptops now (1 Vista & 1 Windows 7) and still can't upload the firmware just keep getting the "downloading not requesting" tried switching it off and on a different timings and still nothing. I really do think this is goosed.

yes it can be if using usb adapter,all old boxes were made for using xp and serial port with null modem cable and with that setup all info is transferred to box,you can flash with usb but many have problems as not all info is loaded.if you have a pc with xp and serial port flash it that way.
spent 4 days trying to get to the problem of no channels found during scans,he reflashed loads of times with usb adapter nothing worked,he then went to a mate that had an old pc with xp and serial port and reflashed it,brought it home and factory reset and scanned and found channels box is working now.

its no problem flashing with usb adaptor but what ive noticed i can flash dm etc and any other box on vista or w7 and always shows up as com3 but with kv it goes to com11 ,as pointed out if the box is ok you should be able to download latest sw via installation menu ,one other thing you could try the kv has a dodgy connection from psu to main board it looks as if fitted ok but many have a bad connection and some can come loose especially if been in the post so just pop lid pull connection and refit it could be that parts of the board are not receiveing power
alex

Still trying to sort this but the issue is definately trying to connect to the box with a Laptop and Windows 7, yes it appears to default to com3, so I'll keep trying.

Just thought I'd put an update on as there's nothing worse than people trying to help out then you hear nothing from the original poster !!

go into device manager it should show you what com port its set for and what about lan update ?

if that fails try finding someone with an xp pc and serial port and null modem cable:salute:

the box was flashed with the usb and rebooted but it never found channels as something lost in transfer of firmware,it needed reflashing with xp and null modem cable to work is what i meant.

Last edited:
is the bloke connecting the correct Net ID for his area ????

plus best to mark the inside of the PCB (Then you no its the same board inside guys !!!)

ebay full of scammers gerrrr

needs to state what firmware is on box and what area and provider
or follow cactikids post regarding reflashing,
even flash with jan firmware then update via remote

is the bloke connecting the correct Net ID for his area ????

plus best to mark the inside of the PCB (Then you no its the same board inside guys !!!)

ebay full of scammers gerrrr

as box would not pick up anything we presumed tuner was goosed but flashing with a null modem cable and xp and pc fixed the problem,people have new stuff and dump old stuff,thats when problems arise.
yes ebay can be dangerous always double check credentials.

Back