de_deej's Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) 2x Image Feedback Thread.

Hi Guys. Thanks for yet another image to try, is it just me or is it impossible to resist a new image!! Enjoyed this one, particularly the new channels appearing in the 'Others' section, and I thought I'd done a full scan too!

One small problem I've had though is with the digital radio. When switching to it, it lasts for about five seconds on one of the stations (5 live extra) then restarts the box. Additionally it won't let me switch back to TV or change channels within that five seconds. The only way I could get TV back was to use the web-browser and to frantically click during the five seconds up-time I was managing. Has anyone seen this problem, or is it just me?

Other than the radio, the TV appears to be stable and solid - so compliments to you de_deej!

Some very interesting features in this image.
Shame I've got no playing time until the weekend :( still I'll give it a go then! :)
Most interesting is the pickup channels on the fly, that will be nice. I'll post proper feedback once I've played.

has anyone tried this image with a tempromental box as i have just got it freeze free with the next gen image but like the sound of some of the features of this image

Best thing to do is back up your existing image, and then give this one a go. If it isnt good enough for you, then just flash your backup back to the box, and nothing has been changed :)

Liam

de_deej said:
I do have one more question, I have managed to get your zapit file running on the image (with your sectionsd I haven't tried it with Houdini's), and the scan worked perfect only found 50 or transponders but got all channels and a couple more test channels than normal. But is there any benefit to running your version over the original if you don't have Frontrow ?

Thanks again mate,

de_deej

No not really. The fast scan works on my zapit but shouldn't pick up any more channels than the slow scan, it's just faster :Biggrin2:

That and the front row scanning are the only two features.

motsey said:
just sent over my saved edited service.xml file and got my channels back and guess what
frontrow channel 45 is working! its got WWE on!! No EPG found tho (Houdinis)

but it keeps freezeing i have to click up then back down for it to continue

was just finkin anyknow the where abouts of frontrow 1 to 14? might be working?

Hi mate,

Just to let you know that houdin's sectionsd needs to up and running for a little while then you need to restart the box for the new channels to appear.

Have you tried the new frontrow that you found with cydines sectionsd ?

de_deej

najeeb said:
hi, i will give it ago, what should i do

Thanks mate I have limited time at the moment but I will have more tonight so I will post instructions then.

Thanks again,

de_deej

iant said:
Hi Guys. Thanks for yet another image to try, is it just me or is it impossible to resist a new image!! Enjoyed this one, particularly the new channels appearing in the 'Others' section, and I thought I'd done a full scan too!

One small problem I've had though is with the digital radio. When switching to it, it lasts for about five seconds on one of the stations (5 live extra) then restarts the box. Additionally it won't let me switch back to TV or change channels within that five seconds. The only way I could get TV back was to use the web-browser and to frantically click during the five seconds up-time I was managing. Has anyone seen this problem, or is it just me?

Other than the radio, the TV appears to be stable and solid - so compliments to you de_deej!

Hi mate,

Glad you liked the image.

I'm not sure about the 5 live problem as I never use the radio. It could be a problem with the signal I will have a look at mine later tonight and let you know more.

BTW have you tried it with both sectionsd's?

Thanks,

de_deej

cdh555 said:
Some very interesting features in this image.
Shame I've got no playing time until the weekend :( still I'll give it a go then! :)
Most interesting is the pickup channels on the fly, that will be nice. I'll post proper feedback once I've played.

Thanks mate,

I'll look foward to hearing your feedback.

de_deej

jjlee said:
has anyone tried this image with a tempromental box as i have just got it freeze free with the next gen image but like the sound of some of the features of this image

Hi mate,

as Liam said back up your image and give it ago.

Please let me know how you get on,

de_deej

cydine_ said:
No not really. The fast scan works on my zapit but shouldn't pick up any more channels than the slow scan, it's just faster :Biggrin2:

That and the front row scanning are the only two features.

Thanks for your reply mate.

My last question for you is: do you think that your zapit could cause lipsync problems if unstable. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence but I noticed a few while it was up and running.

I'm thinking I might leave the original on there as people have the option of performing a fast scan with houdini's sectionsd and it will hopefully fill in the blanks then they can put yours back on for the supereb epg.

thanks again mate,

de_deej

de_deej said:
Thanks mate I have limited time at the moment but I will have more tonight so I will post instructions then.

Thanks again,

de_deej

i will try my best

as with all non boxcracker 3.5 images, this one also looses EPG within a few seconds of listing chanels on my box :(

de_deej said:
Hi mate,

Glad you liked the image.

I'm not sure about the 5 live problem as I never use the radio. It could be a problem with the signal I will have a look at mine later tonight and let you know more.

BTW have you tried it with both sectionsd's?

Thanks,

de_deej

No I haven't - but thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try later tonight (experimentation limited to when the missus isn't watching Hallmark, UK Style etc etc!!!)

de_deej said:
My last question for you is: do you think that your zapit could cause lipsync problems if unstable. I'm not sure if it was just a coincidence but I noticed a few while it was up and running.

de_deej

I don't see why it should but anything's possible I suppose.

ok i have read this thread from top to bottom, as i can see there is no 1x image yet i am willing to offer you the use of my box with your instructions, also will any resulting 1x be updated with any updates or fixes talked about in this thread ?

can you get hid of the ca information off the bottom of the epg

b599 said:
can you get hid of the ca information off the bottom of the epg

Hi mate its in the misc settings.

cheers,

de_deej

cydine_ said:
I don't see why it should but anything's possible I suppose.

Probably just a coincidence, I'll keep you informed.

cheers,

de_deej

loady said:
ok i have read this thread from top to bottom, as i can see there is no 1x image yet i am willing to offer you the use of my box with your instructions, also will any resulting 1x be updated with any updates or fixes talked about in this thread ?

Thanks mate someones on the case at the moment I'll keep you informed.

de_deej

Back