de_deej's Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) 2x Image Feedback Thread.

notanotherone said:
hi de deej thanks for the reply m8 btw i do like itchy and scratchy anyway i just wish i was a good as you guys who do these images in fact i just wish i could do anything like that(ask liam am thick)i just think you shouldnt put yourself down m8 i think you did a g8 job i like to try all images and if yours works on one of my boxes i will use it at this moment i am using gav12345 which i think is great also using one of liams and am using yours as well so as you can see i like to spread myself around i will look forward to the new images g8 work again m8

Thanks for your support mate. If you need anyhelp with anything let me know.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Cheers mate but theres an easier way if somebody wants to help me do it.

Step 1: Download the 1x Sportater Pro from their website and install it.
Step 2: Install the new rc016 update.
Step3: I will send them a var.img which they can scan to the box using flash 1 image (I will provide more details if they want it) and it should run fine.
Step 4: Send it to me to have a look over and then upload it.
Step 5: enjoy the image.

de_deej

my new dbox just come today it was advertised as 2x but when i've checked it's only a 1x. the robbing shit! any way i'll give it a go to get your image working on a 1xbox

:BLOBBY:

Nice one D... Ive put it onto my current box and it looks good, 30 hours and no lockups. a big thumbs up here mate :p... one thing only, I did like gavs red red blue blue to restart the evocam, but so far its not been needed, but its a nice function to have, as i am too lazy to reset the power :)

Very good job as far as my limited knowledge can see, fingers crossed it stands the test of time :)

BR
Phezo

just ignore my post above de_deej. i found one in the downloads. uptill now sheer quality mate. love the itchy and scratchy on the lcd.

watch out gav and liam de_jee's coming for you's. lol

phezo said:
Nice one D... Ive put it onto my current box and it looks good, 30 hours and no lockups. a big thumbs up here mate :p... one thing only, I did like gavs red red blue blue to restart the evocam, but so far its not been needed, but its a nice function to have, as i am too lazy to reset the power :)

Very good job as far as my limited knowledge can see, fingers crossed it stands the test of time :)

BR
Phezo

Cheers mate the emu restart is in the Sportster Pro menu Press BLU, BLue then go to the EMU menu.

Thanks again mate,

de_deej

leefield said:
just ignore my post above de_deej. i found one in the downloads. uptill now sheer quality mate. love the itchy and scratchy on the lcd.

watch out gav and liam de_jee's coming for you's. lol

Thanks mate, I really appreciate your support.

de_deej

well done m8. just flashed this image and have to say it looks the best out of them all. kkep up the good work fella

just flashed x1 sportster image in the dowloads section to dbox, working great, good job

De_deej,
I tried just there to get the dboxwinsvr app running setup as i did on the next gen sprotster and found some error messages

$)
03.12.05 - 00:16:21 - **ERROR: Unable to open file C:\DboxRec\2005.12.03 - 00.15 - BBC ONE Scotland - Bowls- Scottish International Open" for reading.
on GGgrab

And

03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - Record.Start: can't establish network connection
03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)

03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - at Record.Start()
03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - Error!! Unsuspected abortion of Grab Software !
03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - INFO - Recording will NOT be continued!
On UDrec

Any ideas bro,

If its a setup issue and if u have the time, can u post a fast Tut for the image. Thanks De_deej

BR
Phezo

PS both were on the same setup, all i done was to change the record option in the dboxwinsvr.exe app...

chopper-reid said:
well done m8. just flashed this image and have to say it looks the best out of them all. kkep up the good work fella

Cheers mate !

najeeb said:
just flashed x1 sportster image in the dowloads section to dbox, working great, good job

Cheers mate, a big thank you must go out to bazzaho1 because without him there wouldn't be a 1x image so thanks.:Cheers:

de_deej

phezo said:
De_deej,
I tried just there to get the dboxwinsvr app running setup as i did on the next gen sprotster and found some error messages

$)
03.12.05 - 00:16:21 - **ERROR: Unable to open file C:\DboxRec\2005.12.03 - 00.15 - BBC ONE Scotland - Bowls- Scottish International Open" for reading.
on GGgrab

And

03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - Record.Start: can't establish network connection
03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Connect(EndPoint remoteEP)

03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - at Record.Start()
03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - Error!! Unsuspected abortion of Grab Software !
03.12.05 - 00:18:09 - INFO - Recording will NOT be continued!
On UDrec

Any ideas bro,

If its a setup issue and if u have the time, can u post a fast Tut for the image. Thanks De_deej

BR
Phezo

PS both were on the same setup, all i done was to change the record option in the dboxwinsvr.exe app...

Hi mate,

have you tested the network and does everything ping ok, also have you enabled spts and finally has the file been shared ?

de_deej

Hi Mate,
Ive used the same setup on the previes gavs next gen image and it worked ok, i did leave the PC setup the same, and as far as i see u dont have to setup any shares for Server recording(unless your doing drect file recording), all u really need is the PC ip and some minor tweaks.

I am kinsa having a boys day out t'Day and ive had a few beers, but maybe later i will document the tut and my findings for you. If you have time follow this tut playback_recording.pdf and check for similar results.

as requested network test results..
After checking the network
ping was ok
Default gateway is unreachable
dns server is unreachable
dboxupdate is unreachable(expected)

The only difference was the default server and gateway settings which i re-ebtered into my own IP adress setup and still didnt get anywhere.
If possible when you have time can you replicate the Dboxwinserver app setup and pass over some feedback :p

In the meantime i can always use gavs image for recording therefore its no bigie

BR
Phezo

phezo said:
Hi Mate,
Ive used the same setup on the previes gavs next gen image and it worked ok, i did leave the PC setup the same, and as far as i see u dont have to setup any shares for Server recording(unless your doing drect file recording), all u really need is the PC ip and some minor tweaks.

I am kinsa having a boys day out t'Day and ive had a few beers, but maybe later i will document the tut and my findings for you. If you have time follow this tut playback_recording.pdf and check for similar results.

as requested network test results..
After checking the network
ping was ok
Default gateway is unreachable
dns server is unreachable
dboxupdate is unreachable(expected)

The only difference was the default server and gateway settings which i re-ebtered into my own IP adress setup and still didnt get anywhere.
If possible when you have time can you replicate the Dboxwinserver app setup and pass over some feedback :p

In the meantime i can always use gavs image for recording therefore its no bigie

BR
Phezo

Try cryo's new image mate.

de_deej

whats the diff between this and cryo's new image this image stable for me with no probs so far.

whistling said:
whats the diff between this and cryo's new image this image stable for me with no probs so far.

Hi,

I would suggest changing to Cryo's image as he has re-built the root file, it is safe to say that Cryo's images have been and are the best around, and with the help of Gav's magic files I'm sure the picture quality is probably better. Try it and see,

de_deej

Ok, I've finally had time for a quick play.
As many people have mentioned the boot up sequence is funny :) makes a change from the normal ones.

Now things I've fell over.
1) The /bin directory is not writable to by a user, I do not know if this is done to the image being written that way or not, but previous images have allowed me to write files whereever I've needed them.

2) For some reason I had a clock appear in the top right hand corner of the screen took me ages to get ride of it, and I've still got no idea what I did to get it there or indeed hide it again. Still it's gone now so all is good.

3) In settings and audio, there are a couple of really long text strings, so long that they are obscuring what they are set too.

I am slowly getting used to the new menu structure, and although it's different it's not too 'out there' and is very workable.

At the minute I am trying to get it to scan correctly, it will complete a scan but seem to miss a good number of channels out. If I dump my services.xml and bouquets.xml straight on everything is good but really wanted to get a new scan done.

One thing I have never seen before is pressing the 'home' button after a while of browsing gives you your history to choose from, I like it!

Overall I am extremely impressed! thanks for the efforts.

Last edited:
cdh555 said:
Ok, I've finally had time for a quick play.
As many people have mentioned the boot up sequence is funny :) makes a change from the normal ones.

Now things I've fell over.
1) The /bin directory is not writable to by a user, I do not know if this is done to the image being written that way or not, but previous images have allowed me to write files whereever I've needed them.

2) For some reason I had a clock appear in the top right hand corner of the screen took me ages to get ride of it, and I've still got no idea what I did to get it there or indeed hide it again. Still it's gone now so all is good.

3) In settings and audio, there are a couple of really long text strings, so long that they are obscuring what they are set too.

I am slowly getting used to the new menu structure, and although it's different it's not too 'out there' and is very workable.

At the minute I am trying to get it to scan correctly, it will complete a scan but seem to miss a good number of channels out. If I dump my services.xml and bouquets.xml straight on everything is good but really wanted to get a new scan done.

One thing I have never seen before is pressing the 'home' button after a while of browsing gives you your history to choose from, I like it!

Overall I am extremely impressed! thanks for the efforts.

Hi mate,

thanks for the feedback.

1. The image is squashfs and not jffs2 which means the root is not editable.

2. Press dbox and at the top of the menu is tv/clock this turns the clock on and off.

3. I will have a look at it.

BTW I'm pretty sure that the home option can be set on any image.

If you are interested in editing the root try Cryo's image as it has a root editor but be warned if you don't know what your doing it might proove difficult.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Hi mate,

thanks for the feedback.

1. The image is squashfs and not jffs2 which means the root is not editable.

2. Press dbox and at the top of the menu is tv/clock this turns the clock on and off.

3. I will have a look at it.

BTW I'm pretty sure that the home option can be set on any image.

If you are interested in editing the root try Cryo's image as it has a root editor but be warned if you don't know what your doing it might proove difficult.

de_deej

de is right it is difficult

and if you want a challenge then in the right feedback thread for cryos new image there is a guide step by step and we have had success with this guide but if you read it and dont understand it then please do not touch it and that is IMPORTANT

its here

http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60420&page=2

cheers

Last edited:
Back