de_deej's Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) 2x Image Feedback Thread.

The plugins are held in either:

/lib/tuxbox/plugins
/var/plugins
/plugins
or /var/tuxbox/plugins

when you find out which one is the plugin directory (i havent looked) then you will see that there are 2 files for each one:

PLUGIN.SO
and
PLUGIN.CFG

Open the .CFG file in notepad or whatever and you can then rename it. Then re-upload to box :)

Liam

sorry m8 where it says all .bin files chmod 777 thats in the folder var/tuxbox/ucodes

liamcrayden said:
The plugins are held in either:

/lib/tuxbox/plugins
/var/plugins
/plugins
or /var/tuxbox/plugins

when you find out which one is the plugin directory (i havent looked) then you will see that there are 2 files for each one:

PLUGIN.SO
and
PLUGIN.CFG

Open the .CFG file in notepad or whatever and you can then rename it. Then re-upload to box :)

Liam

thanks m8 ur a star :Cheers:

Cheers Gav,

I was in the process of working on a fix using the mmops file but I didn't want to overwrite the original so I was trying to incorporate the neccessary info into the sportster file (its almost exactly the same as mmops), I didn't think to put i in the plugin folder.

I will finish trying this way (I'm sure it won't work though as one wrong step in the folder and it doesn't boot). So I'm sure I'll end up doing it your way thanks for doing it for me as it was the only thing I didn't like about the image.

:Cheers:

de_deej

motsey said:
thanks m8 ur a star :Cheers:

It's the config file you want it will look something like this:

type=2
name=Teletext
desc=Software Decoder
needfb=1
needlcd=1
needrc=1
needvtxtpid=1
needoffsets=1

Only change the name and make sure you copy the file onto your computer first and then ftp it back.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Cheers Gav,

I was in the process of working on a fix using the mmops file but I didn't want to overwrite the original so I was trying to incorporate the neccessary info into the sportster file (its almost exactly the same as mmops), I didn't think to put i in the plugin folder.

I will finish trying this way (I'm sure it won't work though as one wrong step in the folder and it doesn't boot). So I'm sure I'll end up doing it your way thanks for doing it for me as it was the only thing I didn't like about the image.

:Cheers:

de_deej

i added the option to take the ca off as well just now i dont really like it makes the info bar too big much better now

that is a great image m8 well done and thanks for all your hard work m8

cheers

de_deej said:
It's the config file you want it will look something like this:

type=2
name=Teletext
desc=Software Decoder
needfb=1
needlcd=1
needrc=1
needvtxtpid=1
needoffsets=1

Only change the name and make sure you copy the file onto your computer first and then ftp it back.

de_deej

yea thats it got them changed >> Propper wicked image well happy with it same front row channels dissapeared tho but all cool tho

gav12345 said:
i added the option to take the ca off as well just now i dont really like it makes the info bar too big much better now

that is a great image m8 well done and thanks for all your hard work m8

cheers

Cheers mate,

the ca option is already in the settings menu in the main menu, I added it initially but then found it there. TY Anyway.

de_deej

motsey said:
yea thats it got them changed >> Propper wicked image well happy with it same front row channels dissapeared tho but all cool tho

Thanks mate,

I have just got cydines zapit installed but I'm not sure if its 100% stable I'll keep you inormed.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Cheers mate,

the ca option is already in the settings menu in the main menu, I added it initially but then found it there. TY Anyway.

de_deej

sorry m8 i didnt see it cheers anyway i must be blind lol

cheers

de_deej said:
Thanks mate,

I have just got cydines zapit installed but I'm not sure if its 100% stable I'll keep you inormed.

de_deej

now that would be interesting to get the zapit working m8

i have given up on doing that for the next-gen updated one

i need someone to look at it for me but it must be stable dosnt matter to pull in front rows though

remember he has done it only for evocamd thats what cydine said and thats why it does get unstable

see if you can give it a cure m8

Last edited:
gav12345 said:
now that would be interesting to get the zapit working m8

i have given up on doing that for the next-gen updated one

i need someone to look at it for me but it must be stable dosnt matter to pull in front rows though

remember he has done it only for evocamd thats what cydine said and thats why it does get unstable

see if you can give it a cure m8

Thanks mate that explains why I was having problems with it with mgcamd.

I can get it going but I think it might cause lip sync probs. I am going to try and install it as an extra so people can select it when scanning but TBH I didn't pick up anything new.

I'll keep you updated. I can have a look at the nextgen version if you like, can't promise anything though.

de_deej

de_deej said:
Thanks mate that explains why I was having problems with it with mgcamd.

I can get it going but I think it might cause lip sync probs. I am going to try and install it as an extra so people can select it when scanning but TBH I didn't pick up anything new.

I'll keep you updated. I can have a look at the nextgen version if you like, can't promise anything though.

de_deej

cheers m8

the thing is cydine said that he updated the old sectionsd for the next-gen what ever that means i dont know that is over my head m8

cheers

All the above posts may as well be written in ancient latin as far as i am concerned lol. But i have stuck this image on my bedroom nokia 2x. Done it last night not long after dee posted it up. I installed the alternative houdini local that gives you channel adding on the fly. I have left all the other settings as they were. It has added quite a few new channels that seem to have appeared under the Boquet ANDRE. These appeared after i restarted the box after approx 1 hour. Picture and sound are stable and perfect for my eyes anyway.Great image maybey stop me missing the start of sly sp/*rts box office next time they decide to juggle the frequencies around very handy. Nice image mate. :Cheers:

Cheers mate,

I'm glad to hear that Houdinis sectionsd is working ok. How's the epg on it ? BTW I'm working on a fix so you can just press a button to change them over.

I found it a little bit annoying as I like to remove channels from my services.xml file I know houdini is working on a fix that will allow the option to be disabled in the scanning menu.

Keep me updated and I hope you enjoy it,

de_deej

If you add the channels to myservices.xml with option remove does this not stop then being added to services.xml by sectionsd?

Seems like your image is a success mate :)
One thing I would ask tho is that you attempt to make a 1x version of it so that all members can enjoy it.

I understand that you dont have a 1x box, and that all that needs to be done is to clone all the files... I have a way in which you can do this:

1. Download Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) 1x image from sportster website
2. Download NewTux Flash Tools program for Windows.
3. Using above program, extract ALL files from the 2x image to a folder on your desktop.
4. Using above program, INSERT all the files from the folder on your desktop to the 1x image.
5. Save the image using NewTux Flash Tools.
6. Send to a few members with 1x box to test image.
7. Upload and release :)

Liam

liamcrayden said:
Seems like your image is a success mate :)
One thing I would ask tho is that you attempt to make a 1x version of it so that all members can enjoy it.

I understand that you dont have a 1x box, and that all that needs to be done is to clone all the files... I have a way in which you can do this:

1. Download Sportster Pro 1.02 (rc016) 1x image from sportster website
2. Download NewTux Flash Tools program for Windows.
3. Using above program, extract ALL files from the 2x image to a folder on your desktop.
4. Using above program, INSERT all the files from the folder on your desktop to the 1x image.
5. Save the image using NewTux Flash Tools.
6. Send to a few members with 1x box to test image.
7. Upload and release :)

Liam

Cheers mate but theres an easier way if somebody wants to help me do it.

Step 1: Download the 1x Sportater Pro from their website and install it.
Step 2: Install the new rc016 update.
Step3: I will send them a var.img which they can scan to the box using flash 1 image (I will provide more details if they want it) and it should run fine.
Step 4: Send it to me to have a look over and then upload it.
Step 5: enjoy the image.

de_deej

Back