Dboxes only showing FTA in Glasgow

Ok guys this a great place to help each other but at 53 pages long so far i have noticed there are MANY "please post me the keys" posts, and im jumping over them and sometimes missing important info...

Just a tip, if you want someone to send you the keys request it via a PM (it pops up on their screen when they refresh) that way we can keep the thread clear for constructive comments etc..

can anyone help me please, ive got the codes from the extracp site for TW but these are totally different to the ones on my box. i have a nokia dbox im on virgin in west midlands Dudley running a pacino image. i can access the tuxbox commander. can any one help me please

just to add .. keys changed again whilst I was at work , 3rd time in total , but the starview is still working , but I'd wait till you rush and buy one, as thats gonna be next I think.

Dbox was down , changed key to the starview one and it's back on..

Like I say , don't buy one just yet !

All Woking Again

The box is back, used the ex cable and wireless keys from the downloads ection - all good and working. Mny thanks to all for the effort everyone has put in on this one. Long live the dbox!

Last edited by a moderator:
What keylist should I be using for Ex-NTL Glasgow Area?

Can someone link me to the relevant download?

Thanks

:Cheers:

i don't know if this has already been posted, but i've just found this info:-

hxxp://www.techwatch.co.uk/2008/04/09/virgin-code-update-cripples-cable-boxes/

V****n code update cripples cable boxes

by Brian Turner

v****n Media have applied a code update which has crippled cable boxes across the country which were used for receiving cable TV illegally.

Cable boxes affected include the Eurovox, Nokia Dbox, Starview and Kryptview.

Users receiving cable TV illegally receive the error message “Please wait…code been updated” and no channels can be accessed.

According to industry analyst Ian Waller, “The change is causing false keys to be recorded on a ROM7 update, usually only 1 or 2 characters are wrong, this has been happening on ROM10 and ROM11 updates for the last year. A genuine card can handle the change, an emulator can not.”

v****n Media applied a similar change around a year ago, and it took almost a week for firmware updates for chipped boxes to keep pace.

However, from reports coming in the changes by v****n may not be a simple one off event, but instead being applied on a daily basis.

Although updates are available on the internet which try to keep track of the changes, if the code changes are being implemented on a daily basis this could make it very difficult for firmware updates to keep track.

The result would be a victory for v****n in their battle against cable piracy, and an end to the widespread use of cable boxes for receiving free cable TV.

UPDATE: Reports in the Techwatch forums suggest another code update began at 3:30pm today. It looks like v****n have indeed started to apply daily code changes.

My apologies if its already posted..just wondering what this means for all the dbox2 owners:FRIGHT:

absolutley not!! edit the new key manually with tuxbox commander and away you go .....

do a search or more importanly guys read more carefully the answer to youre problem is here

Last edited:
we have been , but it's gonna be a while until a real solution is found

i don't know if this has already been posted, but i've just found this info:-

hxxp://www.techwatch.co.uk/2008/04/09/virgin-code-update-cripples-cable-boxes/

My apologies if its already posted..just wondering what this means for all the dbox2 owners:FRIGHT:

Means cheaper dboxes on ebay:banana::banana:

O.k. thanks for that, i have followed it all, however when i get to the stage where i have to update the keys none of the keys listed on extracp site are anywhere near to the ones showing on my box. i have 4 keys 2 starting N 5A01 00 and then 2 starting N 5A01 01 which part of the keys do i need to change as my understanding is that i only need to change 2 numbers or do i replace the whole lot.

O.k. thanks for that, i have followed it all, however when i get to the stage where i have to update the keys none of the keys listed on extracp site are anywhere near to the ones showing on my box. i have 4 keys 2 starting N 5A01 00 and then 2 starting N 5A01 01 which part of the keys do i need to change as my understanding is that i only need to change 2 numbers or do i replace the whole lot.

you need to replace the whole key

Scotland TW keys in download folder working in Newcastle.
Thanks to all.

Hi I give up im gonna give the keys a try, can someone please pm me the keys above which work in newcastle, can I change the keys by using the remote, I found found a thread on here which says I can if so cracking then it would be worth doing rather than hooking up to my pc to sort out. Thanks

Hi I give up im gonna give the keys a try, can someone please pm me the keys above which work in newcastle, can I change the keys by using the remote, I found found a thread on here which says I can if so cracking then it would be worth doing rather than hooking up to my pc to sort out. Thanks

The keys in the extra cp work !!!!!!!!!

Sorry you've not enough posts, I'll PM them

im the one in need of keys tonight, can someone pm me the keys for pure ntl in notts please

Keys are in download section m8 or ExtraCP

PT-1 kindly put a guide to changing keys in tuxbox commander, see his post in link below.

http://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=170186

Back