Dbox2 won't scan & only FTA channels watchable

tigerblue

Inactive User
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone can Help.
I've just had 2 x nokia dbox2 delivered from Germany.
I put commando 3 on both of them. The problem I'm getting is that one of the boxes will not 'Scan'. The error 'Transponder scan failed error' comes up on any type of scan I attempt.
I then copied over service files from the working box, and am only able to receive the FTA channels. However I am getting all the EPG's for the other pay channels but no picture or sound.
The settings are all exactly the same as the 'Working' box.
I've tried 3 other newer images with the same results:
'Transponderscan failed'
and when I copy over the service files: Only FTA channels are watchable , despite trying different ucodes and cams. despite All EPG's being displayed correctly..

Is the box faulty ?
Is there any other solution

Can anyone help ?

Press RED > BLUE and post the BER/SNR/SIG readings (approx.)

SNR need to be above 55,000 before you'll find any channels.

Needs to be about 62,000 before you'll get all the channels. Check all your cables are connected right! Try removing any splitters and connect the box to the main feed on it's own. See if the SNR reading has increased. If it has then you know it's a signal problem and you will need a signal booster. Check the splitter to see if it has 3db/6db/9db printed on the outputs. If it has, it's an attenuator and it will be reducing your signal. You need to get a normal splitter without these markings.

Maybe take a backup of the image on the working box and flash it to the faulty box, making them identical. Then if it still doesn't work, you know it's a box or signal problem.

I wonder if anyone can Help.
I've just had 2 x nokia dbox2 delivered from Germany.
I put commando 3 on both of them. The problem I'm getting is that one of the boxes will not 'Scan'. The error 'Transponder scan failed error' comes up on any type of scan I attempt.
I then copied over service files from the working box, and am only able to receive the FTA channels. However I am getting all the EPG's for the other pay channels but no picture or sound.
The settings are all exactly the same as the 'Working' box.
I've tried 3 other newer images with the same results:
'Transponderscan failed'
and when I copy over the service files: Only FTA channels are watchable , despite trying different ucodes and cams. despite All EPG's being displayed correctly..

Is the box faulty ?
Is there any other solution

Can anyone help ?

I have just got a nokia box from ebay & have exactly the same problem !! ber is low snr is between 62-65k sig is 30k but wont scan ( tried loads of images & cable providers ) but nothing copied servcies.xml from my original box but I only get a handfull of channels ! Any Ideas ???? this is driving me mad !!

Regards

WaVeY: mr ed :

when it starts up look at the lcd
on the debug screen does it say
32/00/08 16/16/08 or 16/00/08 ?

Check the memory extension board. The emus are not functional on a box with only 16 MB.

Will try & get a boot log later, the lcd says 16/00/08 what does this mean ?
email the seller and tell him you are not happy as one of the boxes has only 16mb of memory and it should be 32mb.

f the memory extension board loosened during transport its a better idea to simply reinsert the board into the socket.

There is a memory expansion board that slots into the main board. The main board will have 16MB and the expansion board will have 16MB. 32MB is needed for an emu to run and decrypt the premium channels.

It should just push in and pull out (there maybe clips holding it in) and it may have come loose during transit. If you can hear something rattling about it may be that! Have a look and see anyway. If there's no board there, send the box back.

Thanks for the quick reply, just had a quick look inside & cant really see a memory board, I can see the modem & the tuner plugged into the board on the left hand side but am not sure where I should be looking for the memory !
Sorry to be a pain in the ar5e where should the memory be located

Regards

WaVeY

Back