Dbox2 Tried Everything - Please Help

Electron2k

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried reading many guides, searching etc and I cant find a solid answer so please giv eme any suggestions as I welcome any ideas on my problem.

Right, I got a new Dbox2 (Nokia Intelx2) and have tried Sporters latest, commando 7.5 and Commando 6... With all I get no picture at all.

I have tried bruteforce scan with quickscan off and on.. I have tried using Leicester service file all to no avail..

Whenever I do a scan it picks nothing up.. I am looking at the signal reception screen and it says

BER: 4120
SNR: 40008
SIG: 6244B

I have not added any keys, cams or emus as I dont quite understand what they are or even if needed.

I have tried turning emulator to all three different ones.. neither picks up any channels on a scan.

So if anyone has any idea what I am missing here please let me know its driving me crazy.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Your SNR reading is too low. It needs to be higher than 55,000 before you'll get any channels from a scan.

If you have split your cable feed, this can happen. The more you split it, the lower the SNR goes. Try removing any splitters and connecting the box to the main line. Check the readings again and see if the SNR reading is any higher.

If you can't remove any splitters, you will need to get a signal booster. Argos do one for £8.99 called an SLX. It has a variable gain and you can adjust the signal amplification to get yout optimum settings.

Those readings can be misleading if you have not got a valid service file in.
Try plugging a lead from the tuner output on the box to the tv arial input on the tv
then tune your tv see if you get any fta channel from it and check the picture
quality this will tell you if the tuner is weak.

Last edited:
Cheers.. I shortened the cable and connected direct to the master socket downstairs (NTL fitted on in my room years ago)

The signals are now a lot higher but still only picks up about 70 channels..

Hwoever when I play them they all stutter like mad with hardly any picture.. updates a frame like every 40 seconds.

At least sounds like we are making progress cheers :)

Cheers.. I shortened the cable and connected direct to the master socket downstairs (NTL fitted on in my room years ago)

The signals are now a lot higher but still only picks up about 70 channels..

Hwoever when I play them they all stutter like mad with hardly any picture.. updates a frame like every 40 seconds.

At least sounds like we are making progress cheers :)
Get the SLX booster from argos if it dont help you can get a full refund.
Connectors from b&q.

What is the SNR reading now? Ideally it should be over 62,000. Anything between 55,000 and 62,000 can result in freezing and a loss in channels.

Back