DM500c vm channel scanning

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I've set up a DM 500c on Commando 16 just as a tie me over box but I'm struggling to get bouquets for my area.

I've tried all sorts of Combo's in service searching section but after a lengthy scan I get bouquets but every regional channel is listed for fta in Entertainment.
You can select 6887 or 6952 but it has two
6952-2
6952-5
Or
CableUK MyLocal which is what I selected.
I selected my area NetID as well but still all the regional show up. I have done it before but I can't remember how.
Any ideas on how to scan and make bouqs for my area please let me know

I gave your backup a go but I'm struggling. I changed my netid all that but it just fails err. I tried commando 16 were it lets you update your local cables.xml then reboots. Then I tried the scan but nothing again . I even checked on my TiVo the netid and freq were correct plus I tried neighbouring netids.
It picks up loads of channels when I scan on full scan selecting my netid (nothing on one transponder with correct details) but like I said , it's picking up all regional and loads missing in factual and sports, basically the bouqs are all over the shop.

I gave up, it seems like its something to do with the signal strength. I eventually found an old backup for a few year back that was set to cable so at he least it should have played BBC SD but nothing, put away again for another day

Bugger m8 see if anyone else reply's to the thread

I think it's a low signal level tbh. I have 2 old dm500c's and both did the same. I have a powered splitter and the Zgemma copes ok but not the dm500.
No hardship, I'm sure they'll flog on.
I've found 4 sat boxes in the loft I forgot about so I'll bundle them. If I get £40 for the lot it will pay for a combo zgemma.
Thanks spud

Back