crash green screen

gbadger57

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All
I have a dreambox dm800 hd sim 201 i know this is getting on now but it has always proved to work well,until recent changes, so i am looking at putting a new image on it so i can iptv..why do i want to put a new image, because when i try to put the plugin xtreme tv on the box it crashes i get a green screen with error message which just resets the box and then comes up again. i have tried lots of images
OpenPLi 4.0 IPTV Japhar with 1200 FREE IPTV Channels for DM800HD
BlackHole-3.0.2-Final-DM800-Ferrari-ssl88F-2017011
TS Image 3.0
with loader ssl 84a ssl 82.nfi
Amongst other images and bootloaders.

i just can not seem to get an image to work on this box with xtreme tv plugin, i can use the blackhole image and scan to get all freeview channels so this tells me the box is ok but probably missing something which is why i can not get xtreme plugin to work...i think ?
does anyone have any ideas please

Install a fresh image and then install the xtreme plugin via telnet not via the image. It could be the plugin needs depedencies which wont be install via the image only telnet.

Might also be too low on flash memory to install any other plugins?

Sent from my UMIDIGI Z using Tapatalk

Hi
Thanks for the reply`s in answer to Ferret, i install my image some don`t pickup my tuner so i can not scan anything but i did find one image which worked very well. TS image 3.0. I managed to do a scan on 28.2 east and got all free view channels fine but then i installed the xtreme tv plugin through putty using telnet settings, and that`s when i get the green screen error page come up while the image is loading.

Just a quick thought and in answer to wiz569, you may have the answer as far as i can see..ok when i load an image and replace that image for another is all of the flash memory flushed or does it hold some info,if it stores previous plugins etc then re flashing is not the answer. so if i do a complete factory reset would that help to free up space.

thanks for all your help guys

If you flash a fresh image then it removes every thing from the flash its blank other than your current image.

Check you current memory usage after flashing if you flashing backups they could already be maxed out space wise.

The standard openpli image not a backup is very light and you should have space for the extreme plugin.

Pli doesn't work well with some IPTV scripts.

I would suggest ATV, a fresh copy of 5.3 or 6.1.

Once flashed, then before anything else install flashexpander from the feeds. Put in a usb drive. Initialise it to ex4 and run flashexpander. Then continue to install your plugins then.

Xtreamtv imho is a bit buggy. Try it by all means but if you don't get any luck. I would go down the script route.

Remember xtreamtv is providers version and not some generic one.

Hope that helps.

Editted. Just realised your SIM so u will need a patched version of ATV or remember flash the bootloader before reboot after flash.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
thanks very much dexyweescot i will try what you have said although to be honest i will need to read a lot to understand what you have written, but i will i want to understand so thanks for your help

If you flash a fresh image then it removes every thing from the flash its blank other than your current image.

Check you current memory usage after flashing if you flashing backups they could already be maxed out space wise.

The standard openpli image not a backup is very light and you should have space for the extreme plugin.

thank you ferret i will try the openpli standard, while at the same time reading what dexyweescot told me to try..

Back