dbox on two tv's

teddydanson

Inactive User
Reaction score
can anyone recomend a tv sender unit that will work on the dbox to send signal to another tv in another room. i have an upstairs tv with the rf split from downstairs.. i can't seem to find a way to make the splitter work for upstairs viewing. i can get tv jsut about but nothing from the dbox because its run through a scart. i used to get ntl through the setup i have but ntl had the rf going inline in and out of the box.

i have been told the powermid might do the job, but would just like a to see if anybody could help.
thanks.

My m8 has a Phillips ideo sender which works fine upstairs. You could also try going from dbox to video or dvd recorder then from that up the stairs. It wont work straight from dbox to upstairs just with a cable. (afaik)

That's true, Jaffa m8. The 'TV' socket on the back of the dbox2 isn't a RF output, but a digi pass through. You can use it to feed a second dbox, avoiding another splitter in the system. But a cable modem won't work on this branch line, as the pass-through has no return route.

Cheers- AL :)

I had a Philips sender which worked fine for about 12 months
then suddenly got tired and packed in
I personally would suggest that your mate spend a little extra and by a second dbox or the like
At least then he can watch differrent channels in different rooms
Very good for when the footy clashes with what ever crud her indoors had her hopes on watching
thumbup.gif

http://www.cheapestelectrical.co.uk/productdetails.php?id=897&title=Philips+SLV3100+Wireless+Video+Sender+*LIMITED+OFFER+-+BE+QUICK!!*
That's the one I bought in case he doesn't want to buy another receiver box
As I recall the video output had to be changed to get it to work rgb + cvbs I think

Last edited:
Back